ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Saturday, April 25, 2009

My very first successful makeup application

If you've been following my blog, then you know that I just started with makeup last year. Yeah, I was a late bloomer! My curiosity started after I graduated from college. I was looking at old high school and college pics and realized I looked horrible in most of them. I mean, I did wear a little bit of makeup but it was applied on the wrong places and I just looked weird and funky haha! So I wanted to learn hot to apply makeup really bad. One day, I went to the drugstore, bought the cheapest eye shadow palette I found (Rimmel London quad). I tried it, watched a bunch of youtube makeup tutorials for hours, days and nights and finally learned how to apply it the right way. It took me forever to learn and I had to practice a bajillion time to get it right. But, it was all worth it.

So here is a photo of my very first successful makeup application...well at least I thought lol. This was taken last year of 08' when I went out on a date with Kiko. Believe me, I've had too many makeup looks gone wrong and this was the first look I ever did that looked right lol. I mean, it felt right and my eyes didn't look funky or crazy.


Photobucket

I used my Urban Decay Ammo eye shadow palette to create this look. I used the shimmery black shadow, Oil Slick and brushed it on my crease and a light pink shadow, Last Call all over my lids. For the highlight, I used Mac's shadow in Shroom.

 As you can see, the colors were applied very subtle because it wore it during the daytime. Also, this was the very first time I felt like I got a little better on contouring my eyes. I don't have a defined crease so it's always been a challenge to do this step.

 On my face I wore a loose mineral foundation from Sheer Cover and Mac's Melba blush. It's a matte peachy pink shade which is great for everyday use because it gives me a natural flush on my cheeks. For my lips, I used a nude lip liner to erase the dark lines around my lips and topped it with Neutrogena Soothing Lip Sheer in Sparkling Nude.


Photobucket
I'm proud of myself and, I see a big difference from how my makeup look then and now. Its always cool to look back on photos like these :)
I want to get better and be really good with makeup. I am considering freelance in the future. I have only been practicing on myself and I need to start using my friends as guinea pigs. So, for those of you who just started, just keep going. Be very patient because it takes time to get better at something. Most important, have fun with it. Its makeup and the possibilities are endless.


No comments:

Post a Comment