ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Review/Swatch: Physicians Formula Needle-Free Plumping Lipstick


I got this Physician Formula Needle-Free plumping lipstick in the beginning of January, and I barely got to try it out this week. It took me this long to give it a try because I was a bit scared. I mean, a lipstick that promise to re-shape and plump the lips in 60 seconds sounds pretty dang scary to me.

So why did I buy it? Because it was cheap. I got it at my local CVS during their end of the year clearance sale for only $2.75. Click here to see my haul. I'm a sucker for cheap makeup, so I bought it and hoped for the best.



SHADE
The shade I got is in Mauveberry Potion. It's a gorgeous berry purple-y mauve-y shade. It's not too dark nor light on my lips, and is very wearable for day time. 

TEXTURE, COVERAGE
 The texture is so smooth and creamy and glides on the lips like a lip balm. I didn't want to stop applying because it felt so nice. The coverage is from sheer to full. One layer is sheer, while layering more will give a full coverage. Also, it is very moisturizing. I had it on the whole day, and I didn't feel my lips get dry at all.

INGREDIENTS
INGREDIENTS: BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, HYDROGENATED PALM KERNAL GLYCERIDES, PROPYLENE GLYCOL DIBENZOATE, OLEIC/LINOLEIC/LINOLENIC POLYGLYCERIDES, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX, OCTYLDODECANOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, ADIPIC ACID/DIETHYLENE GLYCOL/GLYCERINE CROSSPOLYMER, JOJOBA ESTERS, STEAROXY DIMETHICONE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL RICINOLEATE, SILICA, QUATERNIUM-90 BENTONITE, POLYESTER-4, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAFFEINE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, ETHYL CELLULOSE, ETHYL MENTHANE CARBOXAMIDE, HEXYL LAURATE, HYDROGENATED DILINOLEYL ALCOHOL, HYDROGENATED PALM GLYCERIDES, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL ALCOHOL, MENTHOL, METHYL NICOTINATE, NIACIN, PALMITIC ACID, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, TRIBEHENIN, ZEA MAYS (CORN) OIL, BHT, BUTYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, MAY CONTAIN: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, CARMINE, IRON OXIDE, RED 6 LAKE, RED 7 LAKE, TIN OXIDE, YELLOW 6 LAKE.
Wow, that's a lot of stuff in one lipstick.


EFFECTIVENESS
 I felt a strong tingling and burning sensation right after applying it. It was tolerable, so I didn't freak out. Then, I pretty much stared at the mirror the whole time to see if my lips will get plump.The product promised dramatic results in 60 seconds, so I snapped a lot of photos to catch any difference. But unfortunately, it didn't work. My lips stayed the same, even after the tingling sensation went away about 8-10 minutes.
  
  This is the back of the box with before and after photos showing dramatic results in 60 seconds. Pretty scary right? Too bad it wasn't true.












2 swipe on my arm




 After 60 seconds, my lips still looked the same. It would have been crazy to see a fuller and plumper lips similar to the before and after photos at the back of the box.


PROS:
-The shade Mauveberry Potion is beautiful
-I love the creamy and smooth texture
-It has great coverage
-It is very moisturizing that last the whole day.

CONS:
-It didn't work. No plumping effect at all.


FINAL THOUGHTS:
Even though I was a bit scared to try it, I kind of wanted to see dramatic results. I know, I will probably get freaked out if it did work, but too bad it didn't. On the other hand, I can still see myself using this lipstick because of it's pretty shade and great moisturizing effect. Would I recommend it to a friend? No!



price: $9.99 but I got it for $2.75
availability: CVS



No comments:

Post a Comment