ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

OPI has GTT

Ugh.  I just don't know how I feel about this.

For its newest line of nail colors, OPI has gone to Texas (g.t.t.) with their new Texas line.

Really?  Texas?  OPI usually draws inspiration from far off lands with a rich heritage. But for Spring/Summer 2011, I guess they're playing the recession card and are staying state-side.  But of all states to pick from, why on earth would they select Texas?  Don't get me wrong, there are many wonderful things in Texas.  My husband is from there, and I genuinely like San Antonio.  Texas is such a....red state.  It's not my cup of tea. 

But ok...I'll go with it--if the colors are good.  So....let's check them out.

  • Don’t Mess With OPI - A lean, mean, kick-grass forest green.
  • Austin-Tatious Turquoise – Cowgirls love this bodacious blue-green.
  • It’s Totally Fort-Worth It – A shimmery lavender grey that’s so worthy of you.
  • Do You Think I’m Tex-y? A “berry” sexy bloom of Dallas Dahlia.
  • I Vant To Be A-Lone Star – You won’t want to share this starry Texas-sky blue.
  • Houston We Have A Purple – A galactic red-violet that’s ready to “rocket-roll”!
  • Suzi Loves Cowboys – But she loves this campfire chocolate shade s’more!
  • San Tan-tonio – A “honey” of a ten-gallon tan!
  • Too Hot Pink To Hold ‘Em – A red-hot pink-red that deals a winning hand.
  • Guy Meets Gal-veston – An “engaging” coastal coral.
  • Y’all Come Back Ya Hear? – This Texas tangerine will be waitin’ for ya!
  • Big Hair Big Nails - A rosy pageant peach.
Hmmm....I'm not impressed.  It might be that my aversion for all things Texas is impairing my judgement.  Maybe I'm just not ready for Spring/Summer nails.  Maybe I hate orange fingernails as a rule.  I don't see a whole lot to get excited about.  I think the only shades I'm looking forward to are Do You Think I'm Tex-y? and Houston We Have a Purple.

What do you think?  Does the Texas collection ring your chimes?

No comments:

Post a Comment