ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Sunday, January 30, 2011

LOOK: Smoky Eyes and Red lips.

I've seen a lot of biased opinions on "Dramatic Eyes with Bold Lips". It's a general rule that one should never do both at the same time. It's clownish, it's too much and just won't work unless if it's for a high fashion look or a creative photo shoot. Well, as a beauty and makeup junkee, I believe people shouldn't limit the possibilities of creating a beautiful makeup look. Just make sure that it suits you and you love it. Heck, who cares what other people say, just be confident and rock it! Here, I did a black smoky eyes and bold red lips at the same time. It's not my go to look whenever I go out but it's something I like to do from time to time. Did I manage to make it work? I think so. ^_^












For the eye makeup, I applied a black gel liner as a base all over the lids (you can use a black eye liner pencil) and topped it off with a black shadow. Then, I used a bronze shadow to blend the edge of the black and create a slight definition on the crease.

Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow in Winter Night and Milani eye shadow 



For my lips, I used Wet n Wild lip liner in Berry Red and applied it all over the lips. It's the perfect matte red shade and no need for a lipstick or gloss. 

photo taken from Wet n' Wild website




Products used:
face:
-Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation in Golden Caramel
-Physicians Formula Concealer Strength Rx in Soft Yellow
-Mac Mineralized Skin Finish Natural in Medium Deep

eyes:
-NYX eye shadow base in skin tone. 
-Stila Smudge Pot in black
-Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow in Winter Night
-Milani e/s from a quad I don't remember the name
-Mark Eye Marker in jet
-NYX Doll Eye mascara in black

cheeks:
-Mac blush in Gingerly
-Milani e/s in Rich Chocolate (contour color)

lips:
-EOS lip balm in Summer Fruit
-Wet n' Wild lip liner in Berry Red




I wore this makeup with a hipster rocker-ish outfit. I thought it matched the outfit very well. What do you guys think?
Click here to see the whole outfit.



No comments:

Post a Comment