ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

(Pro) Mend Your Evil Ways

I've been having hair issues lately.  I know what I need to do: I need to get my butt into the salon for a cut and color pronto.  But I haven't.  I am not sure what my problem is, but lately I haven't wanted to take the time (or spend the money!) to deal with it.  I haven't been to the salon since July (gasp!) and as a result, my hair is a wreck.

I was thinking sadly about the state of my hair when I received a huge box from Nexxus.  The answer to my woes?  I sure hope so!  I eagerly tore into the box to find a new system--Nexxus Pro-Mend--that gave me hope--hope that my fried, split, unloved hair could be restored.

Let's check out the products and see what Nexxus has to say about them:

Pro-Mend Shampoo: ProMend Split End Treatment Shampoo prepares split end prone hair for repair by gently cleansing away damaging impurities and build up while giving it the vital nourishment it needs, leaving hair clean, strong and shiny.

Pro-Mend Conditioner: ProMend Split End Binding Conditioner is a revolutionary daily conditioner that feels and performs unlike any other. It targets and binds split ends back together in just 3 washes. Use daily to keep hair looking beautifully healthy and strong.

Pro-Mend Leave-in Creme: Nexxus ProMend Split End Binding Leave in Treatment Crème provides daily repair for split end problem areas. Use after each shower to bind split ends back together before styling, so ends look beautifully healthy and strong.

Pro-Mend Overnight Treatment: Nexxus ProMend Split End Binding Overnight Treatment Crème provides intensive repair as you sleep, binding split ends back together and dramatically strengthening against future splits. Hair is healthy and restored in the morning without leaving residue on bed linens.

My thoughts: Like I said, my hair was a disaster when I started using these products.  It was difficult to style, I had a lot of fly-aways, and the texture didn't look great (thanks to dying and frying!).  I've used the entire line of products for a couple of weeks now, and I am very satisfied with the results.

The shampoo and conditioner are great.  I've been using them daily, and my hair feels clean, silky, and smooth when I'm done.  The shampoo seems gentle and the conditioner is relatively light, which surprised me since this line promises to bond hair back together.  Seems that the gentle approach works pretty well, though!

I use the leave-in treatment right before I blow dry.  It seems to help control those dreaded fly-aways that I get, especially in the winter.  I've used many other products before styling, but I like this one.  It's lightweight and doesn't make my hair look overly greasy or weighed down like it can with other products.

I try to use the nighttime treatment twice a week (though I sometimes forget).  I love that it doesn't mess up my pillowcases!  It, too, is surprisingly light.  It does seem to saturate my hair, but in a non-greasy way that I appreciate.

After a couple of weeks of using this line of products, I think my hair looks a bit better.  Do I still need to get into the salon?  Oh hell, yes!  But does my hair look a little less like straw than it did before?  You better believe it! 

I like this line and would recommend it.  Another decent batch of products from Nexxus!  Well done!  Look for the Pro-Mend line at big box stores, Ulta, or salons.

No comments:

Post a Comment