ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Thursday, August 26, 2010

٭ღ٭ Barbie Loves MAC Makeup Look ٭ღ٭

So today I thought about doing myself too the "Barbie loves MAC" signature look, but without using MAC products. Because, well, Barbie loves other makeup brands, doesn't she? :P
So this is what I came up with:

It imitates the look on the brunette Barbie, the most popular one as well.
I love the combination of green and pink, it really give your eyes that doll-eyes look!

I applied the green color first (Kiko) and then I placed a hot pink color above my crease, blending it well on the eyebrow part. Then a dark burgundy eyeshadow was applied right in the crease, bringing it on the outer corner and blending it with the green.

I highlighted my browbone with a shimmery white eyeshadow and placed the green color on my lower lashline as well. Thick liquid liner is a must for this look!

Apply a white eyeliner on your waterline to open your eyes more and put on some false lashes too, if you like, for a more doll-like appearance. I used demi false lashes to soften up the look and make it a little more wearable.

I love the way the burgundy color mixes with the pink and green, creating an iridescent like shine on the lid. You can see the effect better on the upper photo, in flash.

Bright pink lips and cheeks would be a total no-no for this eye makeup, but as we are going for that dolly appearance, we can break the rules just now! ;)

You will want to define your brows with a lighter color than usual, as most Barbies have light brown eyebrows. Also, don't forget to flick up the pink eyeshadow in the inner corner of your eye, up to the brow (as that's how it's shown in the original makeup, but it also gives a more "plastic" touch :)

PRODUCTS USED:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion (regular)
- Dars white matte eyeshadow base
- Kiko green eyeshadow (no. 107)
- NYX pink eyeshadow ("Supermodel" palette - Catwalk collection)
- Flormar burgundy eyeshadow
- Urban Decay "Oil Slick" (Jabberwocky)
- NYX white pigment
- Seventeen highlighting shimmer in golden blue (no.17)
- Editt black liquid liner
- Diorshow mascara
- no name demi false lashes
- Wet&Wild fuchsia lipstick
- Markwins Int. baby pink lipstick
- Deborah lip gloss in "Pink Chic"
- Rimmel London fuchsia blush
- Kiko matte purple nail polish.

How about you, did you ever copy this MAC look?
Let me know and tell me what you think of mine!

XoxO,
Alexandra.

No comments:

Post a Comment