ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Beauty Product of the Week: Glycolic Peel Kit

What is it?  Skin Effects by Dr. Jeffery Dover's Glycolic Peel Kit, "Instantly reveals younger looking skin with each use; stimulates long-term skin renewal.  Your skin will immediately feel smoother and have a healthy glow. Over time, you will see fine lines, wrinkles and pores diminish. The first step stimulates exfoliation and renewal of your skin. The Glycolic Pads are ideally complemented by the Soothing Pads used in the second step of this regimen. I believe in creating skin care products that deliver the results you want - healthy, younger-looking, more beautiful skin. This product delivers both instant and long-term results. Immediately, skin appears more radiant and feels smoother. Over time, the exfoliation action will diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while making pores less apparent. Improves overall texture of skin; skin will feel softer and smoother; decreases appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; visibly diminishes pores. Skin effects does not test on animals."  Available at CVS for $24.99.


What did you think?  The Glycolic Peel Kit contains 30 glycolic pads and 30 soothing pads.  These pads look a lot like Oxy pad and are a piece of cake to apply.  I like that you just wipe them over your skin, rather than having to layer on a mask or slather on some sort of goopy cream.  This kit is efficient and easy when it comes to application. 

Here are the good points:
  • The product is a snap to use
  • It has a pleasant scent
  • It leaves skin feeling more even
  • It left me with a natural glow
Now here are my concerns:
  • Like other glycolic peels, you have to be careful with sun exposure when using this product.  I use a moisturizer and foundation with SPF and I'm rarely out in the sun, but this could be a problem for some people.
  • I worry about how people with sensitive skin would do with this product.  I felt my skin tighten up and sting a bit when I used the wipes--I think that others might end up with some redness and discomfort, but this is only my opinion.
  • The containers for the glycolic pads and the soothing pads are basically identical.  To avoid any mis-application, I think they should redesign the containers and make them different colors so no one gets confused.
The final verdict? This product made my skin glow underneath my foundation.  It also felt smoother--more even.  I haven't used it long enough to get the long-term effects promised (diminished lines/wrinkles, smaller pores).  I say: for the ease of use and results, give it a try.  However, if you have sensitive skin or are out in the sun a lot, proceed with caution!

No comments:

Post a Comment