ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Sunday, August 29, 2010

ʚϊɞ ▪ LOTD ~ Purple & Orange ▪ ʚϊɞ

Purple has got to be my favorite makeup color! It's vibrant, it comes in different shades and can be combined with any other eyeshadow color. Plus, it goes really well with dark hair colors and with my black eyes ;)

I didn't have an exact idea in mind when I started this look, I just wanted to combine these two colors, orange and purple and make it really smokey and vibrant. So I took a more pinkish orange color from Kiko and placed it on my lid only, passing the crease just a bit. Then took a more yellow toned orange and applied that to my inner corner, blending it with the previous e/s.

Then I took a soft terracotta purple (Kiko again) and placed it in my crease and outer corner, in soft blending motions, smoking it out. After that, I applied a more blue toned purple (Rôle Rose palette) where the orange and the first purple met. To make it a little bit darker on the outer corner, I applied a dark purple (Oriflame) and blended it well with the other colors.

On my lower lashline I placed that bluish purple again and darkend it with a black kajal, smoking it with a buffer brush. This time I didn't use my liquid liner and opted for a more soft look, using my trusty Kiko kohl liner, winging it out in a flick. This was applied on my waterline as well.

To add more orange to the look, I placed right above the smokey purple, under the browbone, a golden-orange eyeshadow, to give it more glow (as you can see in the picture above). I used "Muchness" from Urban Decay for that. For my cheeks, I used a coral blush and as for the lips, I put on a brownish liner and a nude shimmery lipgloss on top (Sephora "Fame"). Of course, don't forget the mascara! :)
And you're done! ^.^

PRODUCTS USED:

- Urban Decay Primer Potion in "Sin"
- Kiko Orange single e/s (no.75)
- Qianyu golden orange (no.2 palette)
- Kiko baked eyeshadow duo (no. 107, Color Sphere)
- Oriflame purple eyeshadow from "Urban Twilight" duo
- Urban Decay "Muchness" e/s (Alice in Wonderland palette)
- Rôle Rose blueish-purple eyeshadow (12 color palette)
- Magic Visage Holographic 3D white e/s
- Kiko black kajal liner
- Avon lengthening mascara (Color Trend)
- Beauty She coral blush
- Gabrini brown waterproof lipliner
- Sephora "Fame" lipgloss in "Raw Talent".

Looking forward to your feedback!
XoxO,
Alexandra.


No comments:

Post a Comment