ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Friday, August 27, 2010

Crazy Cheap Makeup Haul at Downtown L.A.

Who doesn't like a great bargain? I consider my self a cheapskate and I try to save money whenever I can. I happen to live in a city where anything can either be ridiculously expensive or insanely cheap or inexpensive. I usually find myself at the best bargain places in town. It's not the cleanest area and you might walk next to a bum but I've learned to deal with that for the sake of saving money lol. Here are some of the spots I go to where I get makeup for a very inexpensive price.
 I start walking on Los Angles st. and 7th st. going down 3rd st and these places are really close to each other.

 Misty Perfumes and Cosmetics. They sell everything NYX cosmetics in wholesale or by the piece for really cheap. It's cheaper than online prices and way cheaper than Imats prices O_o. I used to get all my NYX lipglosses and round lipsticks here for 9 bucks for a dozen. I was really disappointed because the sales man told me that they stopped selling them for that price unless I buy $200 worth of makeup. I'm not sure if he's telling the truth because in my experience these wholesale retailers are sometimes shady and inconsistent with their prices. I'll go back and try again ^_^



It's like NYX heaven inside.



530 S Los Angeles Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013           
   (213) 627-4989     

Downtown Beauty and Cosmetic. This is the very first makeup wholesale retailer I discovered a long time ago.  It's a pretty small place but they have everything from NYX makeup for really cheap, other unknown makeup brands, makeup tools, brushes, nail design/tools and etc. The sales people are really nice but they watch you like a hawk to make sure you don't steal anything lol. I got yelled at for taking this picture inside O_o

519 South Los Angeles St.
Los Angeles, CA 90013-1419  
            (213) 892-0620     



This is a random whole sale retail store that I've been to several times. I'm not sure what the name is. They sell a lot of girlie things from makeup (a lot of drugstore makeup), skin care, accessories and other random things.  You can't miss this store because there's always someone outside talking on a microphone asking people to go inside the store. Don't expect anything fancy because a lot of their things are all over the place and the stuff are dusty and old. This time that I went, they were surprisingly pretty organized and everything was easy to find and the sales people were very attentive and helpful.



I found this big tub of nothing but Milani Eye Shadow singles being sold for 5 for 5. It means 5 eye shadows for 5 dollars. It's funny because last time I came to this place, they were selling them for 3 for 5. Of course I was all over this. The only problem was the makeup was eating so much dust and some are broken. I had to ask for a paper towel because I had to clean each eye shadow that I picked. But I didn't care at all because the eye shadows were all sealed and unused.



Here are the stuff that I got. They are so gorgeous. Milani eye shadows are the best drugstore eye shadows! Heck, they're the best period!



430 South Los Angeles st
Los Angeles Ca 90013



The last place I went to is Hannah Beauty Supply Co. Like the others they sell all kinds of makeup from NYX, Cleancolor, LA colors, Jordana and other unknown brands for wholesale. It looks small from the outside but its pretty big inside and, It took me a long time to look around. There were 2 Asian guys who were really nice and helpful and answered all my questions.They had a lot of NYX makeup sold by the piece for really cheap. I saw some Red Cherry lashes too but they were a bit pricey so I skipped it.



I got these NYX Mega Shine lip glosses for a $1 each. Sweeeeet! I found it in a random box near the entrance. They also sell NYX makeup by the piece for a really cheap price if you're looking into other stuff.




Sunshine, Silver, Cosmo, Purple Rain

261 Winston Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013-1413  
(213) 892-0766


If you are in the Los Angeles area or if you're planning to visit here soon. I highly suggest that you visit the Downtown area. It's not the cleanest place on earth and I admit that its a little ghetto buy hey...all the bargain spots are here so eh? ^_^. Also, here are some things you need to know before you go:
  • Parking is a beeeooootch and you will find yourself circling around and you'll just get frustrated. On the other hand, you will find parking lots charging 5 bucks to park the whole day so you should be fine.
  • You will find more bums than your usual park ( we have a lot of bums at our parks lol). They don't bother me so I don't care.
  • There's lots of trash. I seriously don't understand why the city won't take care of this problem. Shame on you LosAngeles!
  • If you are a tourist, please don't act like one. I see them walking here all the time looking either lost, clueless or amazed. Sales people will eat you alive and will rip you off left and right and will raise prices on you, so act cool.
  • ...with that being said, I did notice that sales people can be shady at times. Some places that I've been to has changed their prices many times up and down. If you're not happy with the price they give you then just move on to another store.
  • Don't be shy to bargain. Always ask if you can get discount especially if you're buying a lot. You can even save more money just by asking.
  • Good luck! Whatever happens, you will leave this places very satisfied ^_^
That's about it. My next haul post will be a fashion haul at Downtown L.A. It's better and cheaper than the famous L.A. Alleys. ( they rip people off all the time at the Alleys)

Here is youtube video I did if you want to see/hear me talk about my haul ^_^



"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping."  ~Bo Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment