ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Monday, August 30, 2010

$ Kim Kardashian Inspired Smokey Eyes $

Smokey eyes are a sort of little black dress of makeup. They will never go out of style. And who rocks them better today than a Kardashian? Well, we can try too, can't we? ;)
I started off this look with a silver eyeshadow, placed on my whole lid. Then I darkened up the crease with a matte gray color and slowly added an even darker gray, then a black, right on the outer corner, for depth.

*eyeliner looks kinda weird here :-/*
After blending out all the harsh lines, I added a more shimmery light silver just on the center of the lid, to brighten up the eye. As for the lower lashline, I made an interior flick with the dark gray color, the effect that the Victoria Secret makeup artists do to open up the eye of the models on the runway.

A white eyeliner pencil was applied on my waterline, to open my eyes even more. I also took it out a little, right above that inner flick we've created with the dark gray color. I then applied my dark pencil on my upper lid and a pair of long and natural falsies. To make the lashes less visible, I applied above them a liquid liner.

Kim usually uses a nude lipstick or lipgloss so I tried to follow her rule, but made them just a little darker, as I am not a big fan of flesh pale nude lips :P. I added my contouring powder and a little bit of a pink blush and that's it!
And maybe you didn't quite notice, but I'm kinda' hiding my eyebrow arch, as I made a little boo-boo yesterday with my tweezers and plucked an important hair! :(( So yes, I have to fill them in all the time in that part, or else I look like a weirdo :D

Anyways, hope you've enjoyed this look!

PRODUCTS USED:

- UDPP in "Sin"
- NYX Jumbo eye pencil in "Pots & Pans"
- NYX silvery gray eyeshadow ("Supermodel")
- NYX light gray e/s, same palette
- Vera Valenti matte dark gray e/s (pink palette)
- NYX black eyeshadow
- "Oil Slick" from Urban Decay
- Shimmery silver e/s from Vera Valenti
- Beauty She matte white e/s
- Kiko black eyeliner
- no name natural false lashes
- L'Oreal Double Extend mascara
- Ada white pencil liner
- Markwins contour and blush
- Gabrini brown lip liner in waterproof
- L'Oreal Cream Shine lipstick in "Cream Beige"
- Maybelline watershine liquid gold lipgloss.

XoxO,
Alexandra.

No comments:

Post a Comment