ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Monday, January 14, 2008

Beauty Questions Answered


Dear imake-up readers,

I am finally back after a long and much needed break. I really missed you all and blogging. I came back to almost 500 unread messages in my inbox. I have decided to answer all your beauty related questions in this one post. It feels great to be back.
  • zara: Indian ppl's lps are gentically quite dark,How do the makeup artists get their lips looking so pale? Surely it has to be more than simply lipstick. like bipasha basu for example.please email back
    Dear zara,
    Most make-up artists use a layer of concealer or foundation over the lips before applying lipsticks, so that the true color of the lipsticks/glosses is shown as opposed to it mixing with the color of the lips.

  • anshu7: hi hun.which lipstick can give me this look? http://www.pinkvilla.com/?q=node/14574
    Dear anshu7,
    It looks like L'Oreal's Aishwarya Beige lipstick to me. She is usually found wearing that since she is the brand ambassador, and because it's her lipstick:)

  • ria: which part of the face do is good to highlight, to give the face a volume or shape?? The application of the black Eyeliner around celina jaitley's eyes is done so perfectly, BUT does she use "black eyeshadow" as well to get that effect? can you pretty plsss answer my question on forum pinkvilla make up "fine art of sculpture and contour and Celina Jaitley's eye makeup. NEED YOUR ADVISE AND TIPS. thank you xx
    Dear ria,
    To give the face a sculpted, yet defined look, I would suggest contouring the cheeks, with a bronzer. This makes your face look defined and enhances your cheekbones. In many pictures, it looks like she does use a liquid liner as well as black eyeshadow on top of it to give a darker, smokier effect. I know she uses M.A.C, so try M.A.C Fluidline in Blacktrack and M.A.C Eye Shadow in Black Tied for a similar effect. Ria, if you could post the link from Pinkvilla here, it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Jasmine: what colors does aishwarya use in umaro jaan? i have tried to look for that lipstick but cant find it anywhere. Please help
    Dear Jasmine,
    I have done a make-up breakdown of Ash's in Umrao Jaan here, Ash uses a lot of golds and neutrals in Umrao Jaan.

  • Rani: were can i buy some Kiehls moisturizer from ??
    Dear Rani,
    Kiehl's is available at Saks Fifth Avenue as well as online. You can buy it here.

  • Ainy: That breakdown isnt the one i wanted...i am not talking bout the anne french one...doesnt my name direct you to the exact picture?
    Dear Ainy,
    I had been busy last month, and didn't have time to do a lot of breakdowns, but if you still want the breakdown, send me the link, and I'll have it up asap. Sorry for the confusion.
  • pinkvilla: hey could you pls tell me how does shilpa's nose look small when she does up her make up since her nose is not tht small is thr a certain trick??
    Dear pinkvilla,
    • Apply darker shade of foundation on either side of the bridge of the nose.
    • Extend down along each side of the nose and blend.
    • Apply a thin line of a lighter shade of foundation down center of nose and blend.
    • To correct wide nostrils, apply darker shade on sides of nostrils and blend.

  • nicky: Hiya, Could you please post how to get this look. (the second picture)I love it but not sure how to go about it. Would be really grateful. Thanks
    Dear nicky,
    I should have it up soon. Thanks for stopping by.

  • Anonymous: Hey there.. When you get back from your trip, can you please do a makeup breakdown of Parminder Nagra's?
    Dear Anonymous,
    If you could direct me to link of a specific breakdown I would have a clearer picture of what you had in mind. If not, I will randomly choose a picture and post a breakdown for you. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment