ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Eye Primers and etc ^_^

When I started with makeup, I was so into eyeshadows. I didn't know any better and I always wondered why my eyeshadow fades within 30 minutes of application.  It has always been a problem. It took me awhile to realize that I was skipping an important step in my makeup application. I wasn't putting any primer or base on my eyelids.

What is an eye primer?
-Eye primer is a base that you put on your lids prior to eyeshadow application to even out the skintone, makes the eyeshadow last longer and some claim that it makes the color of the eyeshadow more vibrant and true to its color.

Its purpose is plain and simple right? But the number of different kinds of eye primer available in the market can be a bit overwhelming when you're trying to find the right one that works for you.

Photobucket

Studio Gear shadow primer $15.50

Photobucket
L'Oreal De-Crease Eye Shadow Base $7.99

Photobucket
Neutrogena Skin Smoothing Eye Tints Eyeshadow Primer $8.99

Photobucket
Amazing Cosmetics Eyeshadow Primer $16.00

Photobucket
Pur Minerals Mineral Eye Prep $17.00

Photobucket
ULTA eye primer
$12.00

Photobucket
Paula Dorf Eye Primer $25.00

Photobucket

Too Faced Shadow Insurance - Anti-Crease Eyeshadow Primer $17.00

Photobucket
Sally Hansen Fast Fix Eyeshadow Base $7.99

Photobucket
Benefit Cosmetics Lemon-Aid $20.00

Photobucket
Pop Beauty Eye Magnet Primer $18.00

Photobucket
CARGO OneBase From: $24.00

Photobucket
CARGO EyeBase $20.00

Photobucket
Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer $20.00

Photobucket
Aromaleigh

Photobucket
Cinema Secrets eye primer $14.99

Photobucket

ULTA Eye base $6.50

Photobucket
Mary Kay eye primer $12.00

Photobucket
 Mac Prep and Prime Eye $16.50

Photobucket
Urban Decay Primer Potion $16.00
my very first eye primer

I'm pretty sure these are all great products. On the other hand, I've tried some of them and it just didn't work for me. I've tried Urban Decay primer potion, Too Faced shadow insurance and Mac's Prep and Prime eye. Even with a tiny amount blended evenly on the lids, It still didn't work. Creasing of eyeshadows occured within an hour or two.

But I found out a product that has been sitting in my makeup kit that works so well as an eye primer. My liquid concealer!! Yes, it actually works!


Photobucket
A photo of my eye lid. Its oily and the skintone is uneven.


Photobucket
I like to use Almay line smoothing concealer for its creamy texture and anti aging properties. This can be found at any drugstore.You can also use a liquid foundation.


Photobucket
I love the wand applicator.


Photobucket
I simply apply an efficient amount on my lid


Photobucket
I blend it carefully with my finger. Never tug! Tugging and pulling causes wrinkles.


Photobucket
I use my favorite face powder (Mark's powder buff) or you can use a translucent powder and apply it on top of the concealer.


Photobucket
The powder will set the concealer in place.


Photobucket
It's done. I just created a smooth and crease free canvas for my eyeshadows.

Keep in mind that we all have different eyelids so this may or may not work for you. This is what works for me and I like to share it with all of you ^_^

What is your eye primer??

Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment