ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Monday, November 16, 2009

The Ultimate Grub #1 CARNE ASADA FRIES.

Happy Monday!! Besides reading about makeup and beauty related, I also enjoy reading food post or recipe post from fellow beauty bloggers. I love food. I love to eat. People that knows me so well can tell you that. I get excited talking about food as much as makeup ^_^

I have my own favorite recipes up my sleeves that I like to make from time to time and I call them "The Ultimate Grub". They are no doubt unhealthy, extremely fattening, and will possibly give you heart burn but the 15 minutes of heaven I feel when I eat them is incredible. One of them is...

The Ultimate Grub#1 Carne Asada Fries
Photobucket

This food is very dear to me. The first time I had it was during my senior year in college. A new Mexican 24 hour food place just opened not too far from campus. Everyone was talking about these bad boys. It sounded weird but I had to try it. OMG! It was the bomb!! meaning, who the heck invented this, so I can give him a big hug. It was an experience! Ever since then I learned how re-create it. Its easy!

Photobucket

Ingredients:
1. Pre cut seasoned french fried potatoes. I prefer these because It makes my life easier unless you want to be hardcore and cut your own ^_^
2. Carne Asada meat. I used a left over steak.
3. Sharp cheddar cheese.
4. Sour cream
5. Cilantro or Chinese parsley or Wansoy.
6. Ripe plump tomatoes.
7. Avocados.
8. Onions
9. Lime juice
10. Salt

I did not put how much of everything you need. Just wing it or estimate how much you need depending on how many people are going to grub. Also, you can even add some other ingredients you can think of like jalapenos or whatever. Make It your own.

Steps:
1. Prepare the simple salsa. Dice the tomatoes, avocados, onions and cilantro and place them in a bowl with the Avocado seed. Mix the all together.  (The Avocado seed with prevent the avocado from truning brown quickly).  DON'T SEASON IT with anything!!

Photobucket


Photobucket
quick tip: roll the cilantro in a bunch for easy chopping

Photobucket
quick tip: for an easy way of taking out the Avocado seed, hit it with the knife then twist and lift. It works every time.

2. Chop the meat in bite size cubes.
3. Season the meat with salt and lime juice.
4. Fry it in hot oil. I use canola oil because Its what we have. They will cook quickly becase they are small. Make sure you don't over cook the meat. No bueno!

Photobucket

5. Once its cooked. Put it aside

Photobucket

6. Time to cook the french fries. I do the double frying method so the fries will come out crispy on the outside and soft inside. (cook the fries in oil with medium heat for a few minutes, take it out, crank up the heat up to high. Place the fries back into the oil to flash fry.)

7. Now for the fun part. Place the fries on the plate and topped it with shredded cheddar cheese.

Photobucket

8. Top it with sour cream. I placed the sour cream in a small ziploc bag, squeeze it down to the bottom corner, cut a small hole on the tip and sqeeze away. Fancy right?

Photobucket

Photobucket

9. Put the simple salsa on top. Its beautfiul already!

Photobucket

10. Then place the meat. Mmmm....

Photobucket

11. Then top it off with sour cream again and Its done!!

Photobucket


Photobucket


I hope you guys enjoy this post as much as I did.  Try it out and I guarantee you will be happy ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment