ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

LOOK: Smoky Midnight Blue Eyes and Pale Pink lips

A few friends and I went to Metal Mania at The House of Blues last night here in L.A. My friend gave us free tickets because his friend was going to play in a band. Now, I don't listen to Metal. I don't really understand that type of music because it's nothing but noise to me lol. But I couldn't turn down a free ticket because I've never been to The House of Blues, and I guess I should be more open to other type of music right? Well, I only lasted 2 hours inside lol. The bands were extremely good for what they do...All that head bangin' up and down, screaming and more screaming and awesome guitar and drum skills. They were really, really good and I meant it. But I couldn't stand it. It was just too loud for me and it even made my head hurt really bad O_o. Oh well, I tried.



Here is the makeup look I wore. I did a Smoky Midnight Blue eyes and Pale Pink lips. It was a night time event, so I went for a dramatic makeup. The main eye shadow I used on my lids is NYX single eye shadow in Frosted Ocean. It's one of my favorite eye shadows from NYX. See another makeup look using this shadow here. It's a rich midnight blue with lots of shimmers. I love it. Just make sure you apply it before your face makeup because you will get tons of fall outs. For my cheeks I dusted Nars blush in Orgasm, a gorgeous peachy pink with gold shimmers that pretty much goes with anything. If you don't have it, then you can use other dupes like Mark Good Glowing blush in After Glo (buy it here) or Wet n Wild Color Icon blusher in Pearlescent Pink (Swatch here). Then to compliment the dark, dramatic eyes, I kept my lips light (you don't want dark lips and dark eye makeup) and went for a pale pink. Wet n Wild Mega Last lip color in Think Pink, a matte pale pink was the perfect choice. 








A little cam whoring using my small Canon digital camera. I don't know if you notice, but I lost a bit of weight, yay! My face looks slimmer whoohoo ^_^.







-Shimmery white on the inner corner and 1/3 of the inner lid and lower lash line. It will open up the eyes and add dimension to the eye makeup.
-Shimmery midnight blue eye shadoq all over the lids and lower lash line.
-A little bit of matte black eye shadow on the outer corner to add a bit of definition.
-Matte white shadow on the brow bone as a high light.

Products used:
eyes: 
-NYX Eye Base in Skin tone. Review/Swatch here. Buy it here.
-Mark Powder Buff foundation in Golden. Review here. Buy it here.
-ELF Eyelid primer. Buy it here.
-NYX single eye shadow in Frosted Ocean. Buy it here.
-MAC eye shadow in Carbon
-NYX trio palette that I forgot the name. Use any shimmery white shadow.
-Wet n Wild Color Icon palette in Pride (the matte white shadow).
-Maybelline Falsies Volum Express mascara. Review here.
-Sonia Kashuk gel liner in Ebony. Buy it here.

face:
-MAC Studio Fix fluid NC42
-Almay Line Smoothing concealer in Medium. Review/Swatch here
-Mark's Powder Buff foundation in Golden

cheeks:
-NARS blush in Orgasm. Swatch here.
-Milani Mosaic blush in Afterglow. Review/Swatch here.

lips:
-EOS lip balm in Summer Fruit. Review here.
-Wet n Wild Mega Last lip color 901B Think Pink. Review/Swatch here.
-Physicians Formula Organic Wear in Super Ginger . Swatch here.

.




Photos from last night. I really liked this band because of the chick playing the bass. So sick!!!











Oh, and thank you so much for all those who participated in our Summer Beauty Tour Giveaway! It was very successful. I'll let you all know when we announce the lucky winners. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment