ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hot or Not: Python Pedicure

I was flipping through the latest issue of Vogue, and they highlighted a new "trend": a python pedicure.  (Head over to the Vogue website to read the article for yourself.)  The insanely expensive pedi (it's $300!) involves using real snakeskin applied directly to the nails.  The result: serpentine-patterned nails that don't come from a decal.

According to the article, the nail artist uses the skin that is naturally shed from a python.  This has me feeling very relieved.  The thought of having to slaughter a poor snake so some wealthy trendjumper can have fancy nails bothered me.  But since the skin is shed naturally, the python is more like a renewable beauty resource.

So, as for the actual look: python printed nail...do you love it or loathe it?  At first I wasn't impressed, but the more I look at it, the more the python pedi is growing on me.  I don't think I'd do it (I have plenty of other things to spend $300 on!), but it's kind of interesting.  I like animal prints in general, so this is a natural extension.

Since no snakes are hurt in the creation of this, I give the python pedicure a nod of approval.  If you've got money to burn, go for it!  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment