ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Friday, June 17, 2011

☺ My Nail Polish Collection [EN] ☺

 Hello, everyone! Today I'm going to show you my nail polish collection, after I cleaned it up a little, throwing away all the dried and old ones. I was left with about 80 nail polishes, which is not very little, but not too many either, for a beauty blogger that is :D
I have bought quite a few lately, so it grew kind of suddenly, because about two years ago I wasn't very fond of this beauty product. I usually did French manicure and sometimes black, when they were short, but now I'm into all sorts of colors. The ones I really want to buy next are the holographics and the Magics from Flormar! <3

Also, I will do a future post about the pastel ones I made myself, from basically white nail polish and other colorful ones, as I really wanted a minty polish, a light blue, light lilac and light pink, but didn't find them anywhere that was cheap. So I mixed white with dark green, for example, to create my minty one :). I will show swatches on future posts. But now let me show you my collection!

As I said earlier, it's not huge, but I'm proud of it! :P
I don't own any high-end ones, just normal priced like Elf, Flormar, Kiko, Naty, Farmasi, LA Colors, and other unknown brands.

And here are the colors grouped and swatched:

THE PINKS:
Even though I am not very fond of pink nail polish (I use it rarely), I realized I have 9 in this color and its variations... :-?? :)


PURPLES (my favs):
I love purple nails! I buy this color of polish in different shades and undertones and my collection on this side is in a continuous growth! 


BLUES:
These are kind of hard to find here in Romania, especially the matte, light toned ones, but this collection is going to grow soon too, I feel it ^.^


GREENS:
Greens are amazing as well, especially in the summer. I mostly love the minty one created by me and the rusty green with pink undertones from Farmasi.


ORANGES and variations:
Only after swatching it I realized that the third one from the first row is just a hardener, so it's mostly clear, but I love its color in the bottle :). I like the coral ones with glitter, in particular the one from Kiko.

YELLOWS:
Yellow is also hard to find and most of them are extremely sheer. I usually get better results after applying first some white nail polish under it. Actually, this trick works with most of the sheer colors that don't give you a good color payoff even after two coats of polish.


BROWNS and variations:
I use these more in the cold season and I like them matte, if they are darker, and shimmery if they are lighter.


DARK colored polishes:
I love black or dark blue nail polish! Black nails are classy, elegant and work for every type of outfit. I even find dark nails to be more classy than French manicure, if worn on nails that are short and slightly rounded at the corners.


REDS:
Red is a primary color, but unlike green or blue, there are very little options here, it doesn't have many variations. If it's too light, it tends to be coral, if it's to dark, it's more into the burgundy family. So the ones I have are a classical matte red, a red with silver shimmers and red with gold shimmers.


GLITTERS:
I have many of these, probably because I like to wear them on top of other colors or simply use them to decorate earrings or postcards :)


FRENCH MANICURE:
In high school, this was the only type of polish we were allowed to wear, so I know I changed many of these bottles during the years. I have tried different brands and textures, but the kind I stick to now is the sheer pink nail and the very white tip.

And that's my collection. Not big, as I said, but I have most of the colors I want and use. It's true I tend to do my manicure every 3-4 days, just because I love changing the color often, but I often go for mint green, light blue, every kind of purple and also red. I use the dark ones in the cold seasons and French manicure when my nails are long, but lately I tend to wear them short, as they are easy to work with at the computer.

Feel free to share your nail polish collection post with me, and I also tag everyone to show it who hasn't done it already.

PS: All these polishes were bought with my own money or gifted by family and friends.
Also, please excuse my lack of coherence in this post, I was like this all day long :P

Have a nice day and thank you for visiting!

Alexandra.
~ alexandrazeres@yahoo.com ~

No comments:

Post a Comment