ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fake, Don't Bake!

If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time, you probably know that I am not a fan of the sun.  I have pale skin, turn bright pink in the sun, and am fearful of nasty things like premature aging and skin cancer.  For me, pale is the new tan, but I know I am in the minority on this opinion.  If I feel pressured into getting a little color, I opt for the fake but subtle approach (I have no interest in looking like a platinum blonde Oompa Loompa!)

If you're like me and want to fake your way to a more sun-kissed look, bronzer is a great option.  I recently received a sample of Bare Minimum Pressed Powder Bronzer from Sonia Kashuk (available for about $10 at Target) and got to work. 

The Sonia Kashuk bronzer has a pretty cool design.  The top is the bronzer--two shades designed to work together to create a natural glow, and underneath is a mirror and brush.  I applied the bronzer to all the places that are typically hit by the sun: my forehead, bridge of my nose, and cheekbones.  The result?  A subtle, lovely glow.  This bronzer is formulated to fight shine and zit causing sebum, so it's perfect for the summer. Well worth the $10 price tag.

If you're looking for some great tips on how to apply bronzer, I highly recommend this article from the LA Times.  It's a step-by-step approach to using bronzer to achieve natural, subtle results.  No Oompa Loompas allowed!

No comments:

Post a Comment