ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Review/Photos: NYC Skin Matching Foundation.

I was really excited when I was given the opportunity to try NYC Skin Matching foundation. Usually, whenever I think of NYC or New York Colors cosmetics, the first thing that comes to mind is their awesome bronzing powders or 99cents lipsticks and not foundation. I was even more excited to try it because it has "breakthrough tone to tone shade adjusting technology that adapts shades to skin's color and texture." (NewYorkColor.com) I've never tried anything like it and I was very curious to see if it works.



The photo above is how one layer of foundation looks on me. It's in shade medium to deep with neutral undertone and semi matte finish. I'm surprised that it's a pretty good match for my NC42 skin tone. It looks light on initial application, but it blends in nicely once it sets for awhile on my face. It even looks great in photographs and doesn't leave a white mask on my face. 

What I like the most is the thin liquid texture. It reminds me of a tinted moisturizer but with more coverage. It's easy to blend and feels light. The coverage is sheer, but buildable to medium. I don't have much blemishes to cover up, so it evens out my skin tone pretty well. However, I still have to use concealer to cover up a bit of redness and blemishes.

I've tried applying it using my fingers, dry and wet cosmetic sponge and foundation brush and all came out well, but my favorite is the wet sponge. Using a wet sponge gives the most natural look because it's sheer. I just add another layer if I want more coverage.









Swatch of medium to deep shade on my arm




Swatch on my face down to my neck. See how it looks lighter than my skin tone?..



...but once it's blended all over my face, it's a pretty good match.



How 2 layers of foundation looks on my face. It looks a tad lighter, but it still works ^_^




So, this product works. It works for me. I've been using it for a week and I love it. I will purchase once I run out. The shade medium to deep was able to match my medium skin tone pretty well. It has decent coverage, easy to blend and feels very light and the best part is the $3.99 price tag. You can't beat that ^_^. Get it at your local drugstore now!


Have you tried it before? 
What are your thoughts?



DISCLOSURE: A sample of this product was given to Everyday Makeup blog for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on Everyday Makeup blog are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment