ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Thursday, July 28, 2011

LOOK: NYC Individual Eyes Smokey Browns

My niece Meme turned 13 yesterday. Dang, I can't believe she's a teenager now O_o. Time really goes by super fast. I feel like it wasn't too long ago when I used to pick her up from preschool across the street from my house. She used to be a brat and always gave me attitude when she's not in the mood. However, she can be the sweetest person ever when she's nice ^_^. Now, she's 13, so pretty and way taller than I am haha.

So my family and I went out for dinner last night to celebrate her birthday and this is the makeup look I wore. I did a smoky taupe and grey eyes, pink cheeks and mauvey pink lips with lots and lots of gloss. This look is a bit dramatic, so I recommend wearing this kind of look during night time.










For the eyes, I used my new NYC Individual Eyes eye shadow palette in Smokey Browns Created for Brown Eyes, and I love it. I've used the Individual Eyes for Blue Eyes before (read my review HERE), and I'm just as pleased. The eye shadow formula is impressive. The colors are pigmented, quite soft in texture and easy to blend. It consist of 4 colors that supposed to enhance brown eyes, but of course people with different eye color can use it as well. I also really like the primer it came with because it actually works! I didn't expect it to work so well. It neutralizes my eye lids and prevents my eye shadows from creasing for a good 4-5 hours, which is pretty good considering I have oily lids.







I used the palette as suggested with a little twist. Frosty Silver as a highlight, Shimmery Satin Grey Taupe all over the lids, Shimmery Grey-ish Plum on the crease and Sparkly Black as a definer. The twist was I added the frosty silver on the inner corners of my eyes blending it with the lid color to make the eyes look bigger.You don't have to use it this way. You can place the colors where every you want.



Swatches on top of the primer that comes with the palette. The colors are more vibrant. However, I noticed the sparkly black eye shadow didn't show up too well on the swatch, but it did on my eyes.








Products used:

eyes:
-NYC Individual Eyes in 941Smokey Browns Created for Brown Eyes
-Sonia Kashuk gel liner in Ebony
-Rimmel London Eye Magnifier Eye Opening waterproof mascara in black.

face:
-Rimmel Fix and Perfect foundation primer (Review HERE)
-NYC Skin Matching foundation in 689 Medium to Deep
-Dermablend Setting Powder

cheeks:
-NYC cream blush in Glow (Review HERE)

lips:
-EOS lip balm in Summer Fruit
-Wet n Wild Color Icon lip liner in Willow
-L'Oreal Colour Riche lipstick in Pink Tranquilo
-NYC Liquid Lip Shine (clear)


I used a nude lip liner to line my lips and erase my cupid's bow by lining the lips outside the natural lip line. Then topped it off with a lipstick and packed on the clear gloss. It's supposed to make my lips bigger and fuller ^_^.





I highly recommend this drugstore palette not only for brown eyes, but also for people with any eye color. For $5, it's an awesome deal. It has beautiful eye shadows and it comes with an eye primer that works!



DISCLOSURE: A sample of this product was given to Everyday Makeup blog for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on Everyday Makeup blog are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.







No comments:

Post a Comment