ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Review/Swatches: NYC Individual Eyes 942 Smokey Eyes Created for Blue Eyes

Hey guys, I hope everyone is having a great weekend. As for me, I'm chillin at the house having a horror flick marathon, while looking after my grandma. I love Netflix!I can watch as many movies I want and they have a decent selection of horror movies ^_^. I just don't like the ramdom nudty or boobie shots in most horror movies. So unnecesary O_o.

Anyway, this post is not about horror flicks, but rather a review on my new NYC Individual Eyes 942 Smokey Blues created for Blue Eyes. This palette was provide by the PR of the company for me to try out. I've tried NYC City Duet Shadows, which I really like, but I've never tried their Individual Eyes palettes, so I didn't know what to expect.



The palette turned out to be awesome and definitely a must have in everyone's makeup kit. It consist of 6 products: 4 gorgeous eye shadows to compliment blue eyes ((frosty champagne goldshimmery champagne taupeshimmery brown with gold specs and burgundy plum with purple and pink simmers), an eye primer and a cream highlighter. Yes, this palette is suggested best for people with blue eyes. However, I have dark brown eyes and it looks great on me and it should look great with any eye color ^_^.

All eye shadows are great. The color pay off is good. They apply smoothly and very easy to blend. If you want to intensify the color even more, apply it wet with a damp shader brush. The eye lid primer is my favorite in the palette because it's surprisingly really good. It reminds me of NYX eye shadow base in skin tone. It neutralizes the eye lid, saturates the colors as well as prevent it from creasing for a good 4-5 hours. The cream high lighter is great too. Just remember, don't apply too much because it will leave a visible white streak on the face. Use very little and blend well with your finger or sponge.

It





This palette is great for people who are beginners in makeup. It tells you where to apply the colors. It even has an eye diagram at the back if you still have no clue where to put it.





















Swatches dry
It's actually a bit more pigmented in person.



Swatches wet
The colors are bright and intense and the shimmers on the darker shades (right side) are visible.



Eye Lid Primer and Cream Highlighter







The palette came with a double ended sponge tip applicator.




I applied it on my eyes as suggested in the palette: Champagne Taupe all over the lids, Shimmery Brown above the crease, Burgundy Plum on the outer corner blending it on the crease and Champange gold on the brow bone and inner corners for highlight.




The NYC Individual Eyes palette in Smokey Blue is awesome, and I highly recommend it to everyone. For the price, you're getting so much: great quality eye shadows, eye lid primer that works and a highligher. You're gonna to love it as much as I do. 


Price: $4.99
Availability: Drugstores



DISCLOSURE: A sample of this product was given to Everyday Makeup blog for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on Everyday Makeup blog are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.



No comments:

Post a Comment