ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Beauty Product of the Week: St. Ives Blemish and Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub

What is it? St. Ives Blemish and Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub is to be used "for treatment of acne. Oil free, contains 2% salicylic acid. Gently exfoliates to remove dirt, oil and dead skin cells that can clog pores. (Use it to) uncover clearer, fresher looking skin. St.Ives Blemish Control formulas are specially created to keep skin visibly healthy all year long. " Available at drugstores for about $3.00 or less.

What did you think? I don't use regular old bar soap on my face...and I haven't done so for the past few years. In that time, I've used all sorts of face washes and scrubs ranging from high end (and super expensive) to budget brands. I purchased a tube of St. Ives classic Apricot Scrub for my trip to Maine in October. Since my hubby was going to (hopefully) use the face wash as well, I went with the Blemish and Blackhead Control formula since his skin is more break-out prone than mine.

My husband doesn't like to use fancy products, so I was pleasantly surprised when he told me he was using it every day of vacation...and that he liked it. He said it made his skin look good and feel good without causing over-drying.

I really like the Apricot Scrub. It's a classic for good reason: it does a great job. I like that it exfoliates gently. I like the way it smells. I like that it leaves my skin feeling soft and awakened. I've been using Apricot Scrub every morning for the past month and a half, and my face has been relatively blemish-free in that time period.

I used to think of Clinique's Exfoliating Scrub as being the gold standard. But now? I'm over paying almost $20 for one product. And honestly? St. Ives Apricot Scrub is just as good and effective for a fraction of the price.

The final verdict? You really can't go wrong with this product! It's extraordinarily budget friendly and it does what it says. It feels great and makes my skin look good. Honestly, if you're not using St. Ives Apricot Scrub, you should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment