ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Review/Swatch: Wet n Wild ColorIcon blusher in Pearlescent Pink

Wet n Wild ColorIcon blusher in Pearlescent Pink is LOVE! It's a gorgeous warm pink shade with gold shimmers that looks amazing in all skin tones. It's so pigmented, easy to blend, very affordable, and it's now one of my favorite blushes ever!




Product claim from WnW website:
"Sweep on this silky-smooth blush that strikes the perfect balance between a blendable transparent sheen and radiant pop of maximum color. A special blend of treated nylon powders provides long lasting color. Dermatologist tested."
PRICE: $2.99. I got mine for only $1.69 during a sale at Walgreens last year.
AVAILABILITY: drugstores. I got mine at Walgreens.
AMOUNT: 0.14 oz
TYPE: powder blush
SHADE: Pearlescent Pink. It looks like a warm peachy pink with gold shimmers in the pan, but it's more pink once you apply it on your face. It's really pretty!
FINISH: It is a shimmery blush, but don't let it discourage you from trying it. The shimmers are more subtle once you have it on your cheeks. It's not too over powering and it just gives your face a slight sheen.
TEXTURE: Surprisingly, it has a nice silky soft texture. Usually, cheap blushes are chalky and streaky but not this one. It's also easy to blend and a little goes a long way.
COVERAGE: You definitely need the right brush to apply this kind of pigmented blush. It can go from sheer to super bright very quickly so be careful. To apply, I prefer using my ELF Studio Line stippling brush and stipple on the apple of my cheeks, then blend upwards towards the temple. The bristles are far apart and it picks up a little bit of product, making it easier for me control how much I apply.














Swatch on my arm. You can still see a little bit of the gold specs.



 What it looks like on my face.

I applied it heavily on the apple of my cheeks so you can see the color better.




For this Mermaid inspired makeup, I applied the blush under my cheek bones as a contour shade to give the illusion of a slimmer face ^_^


pros:
-Very affordable
-Pigmented
-Easy to blend
-Not too shimmery
-Compliments all skin tone

cons:
-none!


I'm really in love with this blush and everyone should have it in their makeup collection. Trust me, you will love it too. Also watch out for my next post. I will do a comparison between this and NARS blush in Orgasm. A lot of people say they're very similar, so we will see!


Do you own any of the Wet n Wild ColorIcon blushes? What shade did you get?

No comments:

Post a Comment