ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Sunday, March 20, 2011

FOTN: Not Your Everyday Work Makeup

 Now if you've been a long time reader of my blog, then you should probably know that I work at an elementary school with children with special needs. I dress plain and comfortable and no makeup (just moisturizer and EOS lip balm in Summer Fruit or Pangea Organics lip balm). It's by choice. I do a lot of physical activities with the children and it doesn't make sense to wear a cute outfit that will get dirty and messy and makeup that will crease and melt by lunch time O_o. Besides, no one cares how we look. Really, no one! lol.

So where did I wear this makeup? Well I have another job. I don't think I've mentioned it before. It's a part-time job at sales where I come in a few times during the week. I can't tell you guys where because I don't want any stalkers jk. But I can tell you, I'm surrounded by expensive clothes ^_^. It's a requirement to look our best to represent the brand. I always come with my full makeup on and an outfit that is put together. I love it because I look and feel pretty. And people really cares about how you look (we love to give each other compliments). Really, they do!

I wore a shimmery and dramatic eye makeup with peach lips. I used my Wet n Wild ColorIcon palette in Pride...again! I've abused this palette so much this week. I think I'm ready to move on another eye shadow palette..or not lol. I used the shimmery white shadow to highlight the lids and matte navy blue shadow to define the crease. The navy blue is such an awesome matte shadow. It applies nicely and very easy to blend.



I did a soft cut-crease technique to apply the shadows. I applied  a soft wash of navy blue above the crease using a fluffy blending brush, then traced the outer half of the crease with the same navy blue using a small pencil brush. It defined the eyes, making it look dramatic, but not too harsh and dark.



Cam whoring during my break ^_^









GET THE LOOK

I used my Wet n Wild ColorIcon palette in Pride. It's only $4.99 at drugstores. If you don't have this, feel free to use similar colors in your makeup kit.



eyes:
-Prime the eyes with NYX shadow base in skintone and dust loose powder on top. This will keep the shadow from creasing.
-Apply matte navy blue shadow on the crease with a fully blending brush. Using the fluffy blending will deposit a light wash of color, which is want you want.
-With a damp brush, apply the shimmery white all over the lids. Applying the shadow wet will intensify the color, giving it a metallic/shiny finish. 
-Apply the same shimmery white on the inner half of lower lash line.
-Apply matte white shadow on the inner corners of the eyes.
-Go back to the matte navy blue shadow with a pencil brush and intensify the crease, starting from the outer corner doing circular motion, then trace up to the crease stopping half way. 
-Apply the same navy blue shadow on the outer half of lower lash line. 
-For high light, apply Almay Line Smoothing concealer in light/medium or a concealer 2 shade lighter than your skin tone on the brow bone. 
-Line the eyes with Stila Smudge Pot in black, curl lashes, Apply a generous coat of Maybelline Volum' Falsies Express and re-curl. This step will really make your lashes longer and bigger!


cheeks:
-Apply MAC powder blush in Gingerly on the apple of the cheeks with a stippling brush. I like using a stippling brush because the bristles are loose and picks up little product, preventing me from putting too much blush.
-Contour the face with Milani Mosaic blush in Afterglow with an angled blush brush. This will give the appearance of a slimmer face. This is optional, so you can skip this step.


lips:
-Moisturize the lips with EOS lip balm in Summer Fruit. This will prep the lips for the lipstick application.
-Fill in the nudes with Wet n Wild nude lip liner in Willow. This will concealer discoloration on the lips and will provide as a base for the lipstick.
-Apply Revlon lipstick in Peach. This shade looks natural and it goes with any eye makeup.


Don't forget to checkout my other makeup looks using Wet n Wild ColorIcon palette in pride.



Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment