ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Beauty Product of the Week: Infinite Volume

What is it? Jonathan Product's Infinite Volume collection will help you "acheive lasting volume and voluptous hair effortlessly. The Shampoo, Conditioner, and Thickening Foam were developed with Jonathan's innovative Expansion Nanotechnology. This Interpenetrating Polymer Network delivery system utilizes chemical and electromagnetic forces to expand and strengthen the hair shaft creating volume from the inside out." The shampoo is $20, the condition is $22 and the thickening foam is $24. The entire collection is available at Ulta and online.

What did you think? Sometimes the ends justifies the means, and if you're a gal with limp hair, you might be willing to put up with a few minor annoyances to get fuller hair. In other words: Infinite Volume works...and works well. However, in my personal opinion, I have some reservations.

Let me say it again: this line will make your hair fuller. It will look thicker.

BUT...I have two issues: packaging and user experience.

Packaging: the products look cool...they really do. The bottles look sleek and modern, but the shampoo and conditioner bottles are identical. When it's early in the morning and you can barely see straight as it is, you want your shampoo and conditioner to be easily identifiable. With Jonathan Product, you really have to pay attention to make sure you're using the right product!

Experience: I like a shampoo that lathers. I know that the lather is not important, but I like it...I want it, and I need it! Jonathan's shampoo is lather-free. There's no lather to speak of and at first I was convinced that I grabbed the conditioner instead of the shampoo (I didn't...but with identical bottles, the doubt lingers).

I have found with ALL products that add volume my hair feels different. It does feel fuller, but it also seems to have a funny texture--almost like it's dirty, though I know it's not. The new texture makes my hair easier to style, but I don't love that feel. That's not a complaint of Jonathan Product specifically--it's just something I've noticed with volumizers.

The final verdict?
If your hair is fine or limp and you really want something that will make your hair fuller, this stuff works and I'd recommend it...even though I am not 100% sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment