ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Review: Stila Smudge Pot Holiday Set.

A friend of mine asked me on facebook how she can prevent her eye liner bleeding onto her eye lids and melting at the end of the day. I advised her to prime her eye lids well before applying eye liner, set it with the same eye shadow powder or she can opt for a gel or cream liner. I recommend the Stila Smudge Pot Holiday set . You get 4 colors, a shimmery champagne nude, sparkly violet, midnight blue and a basic black. These were my first gel liners and I love them!


WHAT
This unique gel eyeliner and shadow is an innovative alternative to traditional powder and liquid formulas. This clever little gel has an inky intensity that leaves powder shadows in the dust. A favorite for the sultry, smoky eye. Apply with a liner brush for razor-sharp precision or smudge it with your fingers for more complete coverage. Remember to always close the airtight lid to keep the gel soft and pliable. Source: http://www.stilacosmetics.com

 The set same in 4 mini smudge pots.
-Kitten (Champagne Beige with gold specks)
-Black (Inky Black)
-Starry Night (Midnight blue with specks of gold)
-Violet (Purple with specks of silver)

WHERE
I bought the set at Sephora last year. I don't think it's still available in the market. Violet and Starry Night are not available on the Stila website.

PRICE:
It retailed for $32.00 It was such a good deal.



TEXTURE:
Creamy, smooth and a little goes a long way. They are all pigmented. Black and Kitten only took one swipe to get the colors to show. On the other hand, Starry Night and Violet took two swipes to get the colors to show. It wasn't a big deal though.



QUALITY:
Highly Pigmented and it stays all they long.



Swatches
Starry Night, Violet, Black and Kitten

Violet

I used it on one of my old makeup looks last year ^_^

Starry Night

Final Thought: 
I was lucky to buy this set because they sold out pretty fast at my local Sephora. They're tiny and cute and are smaller than their regular size Smudge Pots but that's one of the reasons why I love them. My favorites are  Violet which is a rich and intense purple shade and black. They're both so pretty on the upper lash line.
Also, Smudge Pots are great alternative for eye liner pencil and it stays all day long!!! I highly recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment