ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Review: Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion by The Body Shop

I should have done a review of this products a long time ago when I was using it. I finished the whole thing already and, I went back to my Skin MD moisturizer. I know it's still available at The Body Shop so I still want to do a review and share with everyone my experience.

I bought this around the Holidays of 2009 when they were having 50% off  along with the Vitamin E eye cream and Moisture Intense cream. I needed a moisturizer that I can use for my oily skin at the time and the sales lady recommended me the Tea Trea Skin Clearing Lotion. She said it has shine control that will help mattify my oily skin as well as skin clearing properties from the Tea Tree oil. Hey, it seemed pretty good so I bought it.


WHAT: Moisturizing and mattifying lotion hat hydrates skin and controls oil while helping to clear and prevent blemishes.
  • Lemon tea tree and Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya contain properties that help fight blemishes and prevent new ones from forming.
  • Tamanu oil from Madagascar has a soothing effect and helps to calm irritation and redness.
  • Contains powders help mattify the skin and control shine (source: thebodyshop.com)
WHERE: Your local The Body Shop store or ONLINE

WHEN: I used it every day as my daytime moisturizer.

HOW: I applied with my finger tips on my entire face after cleansing and toning.

TEXTURE: very light and a bit watery.



SCENT: It really had a weird strong grassy smell but bothered me a lot. It was unbearable in the beginning but I was able to get used to it.

PRICE: $13 but some discount may apply if they have a promotion in the store or on-line.







FINAL THOUGHTS:
I don't think I will be re-purchasing this product. I seriously had high hopes for it, but unfortunately it did not work too well on my skin. The strong grassy scent was such a turn off. The only reason why I still continued to use it because it did control the oil on my face fairly well. I used this product for a month and 2 weeks, every single day in the morning and only saw a slight disappearance of my blemishes. It wasn't enough to convince me that this product is good.

Oh and before I forget, stay away from this if you have extremely dry skin. It will make your dry skin worst than it is. It happened to my boyfriend when he went through my makeup kit and used it on his face lol. His face became ashy in an instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment