ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Look Better...Feel Better

Right before Mother's Day, my mother was lamenting her looks. She said she had dark circles under her eyes, her skin wasn't looking great, and her hair seemed dull. It was sad to hear my mom get down on the way she looks, and I knew I had to help her out.

My mom is funny. She won't spend money on herself and wouldn't be open to having me take her over to Sephora to throw down a bunch of money on products. So I did it for her. Here's what I got to help make my momma feel better about her looks:
  • Clinique All About Eyes ($28.50): I've been using a sample of this product and I really like it. It's lightweight and good for sensitive skin. Plus it helps depuff and reduce the appearance of fine lines. According to one of the Sephora ladies, you can also use it on your lips. Makes sense, since the skin around our eyes is similar to the delicate, thin skin on our lips.
  • Mini Advanced Makeup Optional Kit from Philosophy ($50): This kit includes products for day (Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash, When Hope is Not Enough Facial Serum, and Hope in a Jar SPF 20) and for night (Purity Made Simple face wash, When Hope is Not Enough Facial Serum, and Help Me Retinol Night Treatment). I've used Purity Made Simple for ages and love it. I think Philosophy products are nice--they seem good for sensitive skin, plus they're effective and relatively reasonably priced. The early word from my mom is that she's liking the products, especially the serum. There's also a full-sized version of this kit that sells for just under $100.
  • Purple shampoo: My mom has a lot of gray in her hair (she loves her gray!) and to shine it up, I suggested that she should use the same purple shampoo I use for my platinum blonde. She didn't seem interested at first, so I just gave her a sample from my stash. She's used it a few times now--we'll see if I can convert her!
What anti-aging products do you love? Let me know if there's a product out there I absolutely MUST try.

No comments:

Post a Comment