ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Beauty Product of the Week: In the Light Palette

What is it? Stila's In the Light Palette is "a beautiful palette consisting of 10 natural Eye Shadow shades (including the best-selling shade Kitten) and a limited-edition Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner. The new In The Light Palette is a beautiful collection of Stila's award-winning Eye Shadows in wearable, neutral shades for every skintone that can be worn wet or dry. The palette also includes an exclusive Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel, a matte chocolate brown, and an eight-page lookbook with detailed how-to tips and tricks." Available at Sephora for $39.

What did you think? I love neutral eyeshadows and wear them on a daily basis.  I also like shadows that don't have too much sparkle in them.  That said, I often find myself using the same eyeshadows over and over, and frankly, many shadows bore me.  I picked up this palette on a whim and WOW!  I am so glad I did.

The colors in this palette are great!  You can create so many different looks, from everyday office appropriate to a sultry, smokey eye, to something more colorful and exotic, with this one palette.  There are some sparkly shadows in this palette, but none are too obnoxious and the matte shades are killer.  I love this palette, even more than Urban Decay's Naked.

My only disappointment is the eyeliner. It's ok...not quite the perfect shade, but that's ok.  I bought this for the shadows, and I couldn't be happier.

Final verdict?  With so many pretty colors to play with, I have not regretted this purchase.  There are tons of combos and looks that can be created just from this palette that it gets a HUGE thumbs up.  I highly recommend that you add this to your beauty bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment