ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Beauty Product of the Week: True Match Roller

What is it? L'Oreal's True Match Perfecting Roll-on Makeup is "the first ever roller foundation.  The unique roller applicator seamlessly applies the perfect amount of makeup for smooth, even coverage and the ultimate airbrushed finish.  And the flexible applicator bends with all the hard-to-reach curves of your face.  No streaks, no smudges, just picture-perfect skin.  It's a whole new way to apply your foundation."  Available at drugstores and big box stores for about $15 (though you can probably get it on sale for less!).

What did you think? I am not sure what possessed me to buy this product.  From the start, the cards are stacked against it:
  1. I typically use mineral foundation
  2. I am not a fan of L'Oreal as a rule
  3. I don't usually buy my foundation from a drugstore (yes, I know that sounds very snobby)
And yet, there I was, putting the L'Oreal True Match Roller in my basket at Rite Aid.  I figured if I hated it, it would just be another experience for my blog.

I was not anticipating liking this product, and yet...I do.  It provides a great deal of coverage and comes in a number of shades so you can, indeed, get a "true match."  The roller is a snap to use, and it does a decent job of evening out my complexion and neutralizing the annoying pink on my cheeks.

If you find yourself buying this product, take a few practice strokes before you really apply this foundation.  Don't push the rolling foam applicator down too hard--you don't want to overload it, nor do you want to pound down the product. 

Be sure to check your face over for any lines that may be left behind from the roller.  If you do find lines, the product blends in easily, leaving behind a smoother, more even face.  The foundation lasts all day, at least on my skin.  I would warn that a little goes a long way.

Final verdict?  I shouldn't like this product, but yet, I do.  It makes me wonder if I'm too harsh on L'Oreal!

No comments:

Post a Comment