ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A $17 dollar nail polish..what? (Rococo Nail Apparel)

Before I ramble, this is not going to be a nail art tutorial or nail polish review. I'm clueless when it comes to nail polish, nail art and everything nails and the closest thing to nail art that I've done is when I painted my nails with those crayola markers when I got bored at work O_o. So for sure you won't be getting any nail tips from me lol. However, I just wanted to share this nail polish by Rococo Nail Apparel that my niece got herself for her birthday. She's only 11 and she's into girly things like nail polish and lip gloss. Every time she comes over she always shows off a new nail color or some type of nail art lol.



One time she came over and she was showing off her new nail polish that she got for her birthday. The packaging/case is very pretty and girly with the pink leafy, flower-y print. It's made out of  hard cardboard and it reminded me of a lipstick case. I even thought it was a lipstick case when I first saw it. The bottle is pretty standard...I think. Heck, I don't know these things but it looks like a regular nail polish bottle to me lol. The shade is called Funboy which is a matte neon pink color. I thought it looked more of a hot pink in the bottle but once applied on the nails, it looked more like a bright pink with a hint of purple, if that makes any sense. I'm not even 100% sure lol.



 My niece and I played with it and the coverage was opaque. It only took my niece one coat to make the color show up on my nails and it was really vibrant and pretty. If I was a nail polish enthusiast then I would say that this was an awesome nail polish right? But the thing that threw me off was the price. My niece told me she got it at Bloomingdales for $17. OMG, I almost fell out of my seat. Are you serious? That's almost 20 bucks lol. But then I had to re-think to myself and I guess it's not that bad since in the past, I've shed almost 30 bucks for a dang NARS blush. But geesh $17 for a nailpolish?? Wow!






5 Stars for my nail art haha! I did it on my niece's nails ^_^



My niece didn't realize how expensive this nail polish was but she sure does have good taste in picking out a beautiful color ^_^. What do you think guys? I need to be educated. Is this too expensive for a nail polish?



No comments:

Post a Comment