ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Carmex has a competition...Yes to Carrots lip butter in Melon

 This product review is based on my own personal experience. It may or may not work for you.



I love my Carmex lip balm. I've been a Carmex girl for a long time. I use it on myself and my clients whenever I do makeup. I've tried other lip balms of course but I always come back to my Carmex until I tried the Yes to Carrots lip butter in Melon.

I've seen youtube videos on some of the Yes to Carrots products but not the lip butters so I didn't know what to think of it. I got it at my local Walgreens during my random  "I'm bored, I don't know what else to do" days. Yeah, I get those from time to time and the drugstore is one of my favorite places to stop by just O_o.


My upper lip felt rough and really dry and my Carmex wasn't effective for some odd reason. I was in need of a new one that works. I don't wanna say my Carmex has let me down but it just wasn't working for me at the moment. At the drugstore, there are so many lip balm to choose from but this one got my attention because of the bright Orange-y packaging and it was next to the Yes to Cucumber makeup wipes which I love so much. It's only  $2.99, very affordable so I had nothing to lose. Man, I'm glad I bought it because it was the best 3 bucks I've spent that day lol. This stuff really works! The condition of my lips got better in just a couple of days. It's amazing! Am I going crazy? Probably but seriously, it worked wonders for me!

You must know that there are 4 kinds of Yes to products to choose from - Yes to Cucumbers for sensitive skin Yes to Blueberries for aging skin, Yes to Tomatoes for oily skin  and Yes to Carrots for dry/normal skin. It's a very interesting company with a great purpose. Go to their website to find out more information.


WHAT: Product claims :  A beautiful smile will brighten your face, but what brightens a beautiful smile? Your lips- soft, smooth and shining! Yes To Carrots USDA Organic Lip Butters conditions, invigorates and revitalizes your lips, moisturizing to keep them the smoothest and softest they can be (source: YesTo Website)
 It's made out of all natural ingredients, Paraben, Petroleum and Phthalate free and all products are not tested on animals. 
 The lip butters are also available in Mint, Citrus, Carrot, Berry.

WHERE: at drugstores. I got mine at Walgreens. 

PRICE: $2.99

ODOR:  It has a light Melon scent to it. It smells delicious.

PACKAGING:  It comes in a small tube where you twist at the bottom to push the product up.

TEXTURE: Smooth, non-greasy and non-sticky.


KEY INGREDIENTS: Coconut Oil, Olive Oil and Vitamin E to really nourish and soften the lips.



PROS: 
  • I'm not too knowledgeable on the whole organic and all natural makeup or skin care but its a good thing this product doesn't have any harmful ingredient and fillers that will harm the skin. 
  • It contains real fruit extracts
  • It really moisturizes the lips and it heals dry lips in days.
  • I love the Melon scent to it and it's not over powering.
  • It's non-sticky.
  • It stays on the lips for a good while.
  • You don't have to re apply many times through out the day. 
  • It's affordable

CONS:
  • Nothing that I can think of.
FINAL THOUGHT:   I love this stuff and I highly recommend it to everyone. I get excited on products that does what it says. For me, I saw an improvement in just a couple of days, no joke! I guess it has something to do with all the natural ingredients in it but heck, whatever it is, it really works! I use it everyday in the morning and before I go to bed. Also, I love how it stayed on my lips for a long time and I didn't feel the need to re apply every minute or so because my lips still felt soft. Don't get me wrong, I still like you Carmex but I have to put you aside for now because this one is my new favorite ^_^

Go get it you guys, you wont regret it!

Everyday Makeup blog verdict: It's a YAY!


"I find it a great antidote...lipstick, mirrors and hairspray"- Joanna Lumley

No comments:

Post a Comment