ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Sunday, November 7, 2010

۩ * Bollywood Inspired Makeup * ۩

People who know me are aware of the fact that I simply love India and Bollywood! I don't know if it's for their oh-so-different culture from the European one, for their colorful clothing and makeup, for their music and movies or for all of these combined. I just know that Bollywood is a great source of inspiration in every beauty related matter...
And the look created today is inspired by the magic of the Indian actresses makeup seen in many Bolly movies. 
Hope you enjoy it and let's get started! :)


To start off, it is good to apply a good base, both primer and cream e/s base. I first applied a shimmery primer (UD's "Sin") and then a white eyeshadow pencil (Dars). Then the first color was added, a matte yellow on the inner third of the eye.

On the middle of the eye, I placed a shimmery green e/s with golden undertones, for a brighter eye. Then, on the outer third of the eye - a shimmery blue color. To darken up the crease, I added a black eyeshadow, after applying some scotch tape on the outer corner of the eye, to create a sharper edge.

To smoke out the harsh lines from the upper part of the crease, I applied an iridescent pale yellow-green eyeshadow right above all the colors applied and also on the inner part of my lower lid, process which brings light to the eyes. Also, on the inner corner of my upper lid and on the browbone, I placed a matte white e/s.

The green eyeshadow was also smudged on the rest of my lower lashline and on top of it, only on the outer corner - the matte black. I then applied some liquid liner on my upper lid, black kajal on  my waterline and some falsies. You can make them as dramatic as you want, as Bollywood is known for long, full lashes, but I decided to keep them more natural.

For my cheeks I used a pink blush and subtle gold bronzer and as for the lips, I applied some red lipstick, blotted it with a tissue and then placed some golden gloss on top. If you want, you can add a bindi to complete the look. I used a green bindi in a flower shape (just like the one used in this look) and a red 3d dot.

PRODUCTS USED:

- Urban Decay primer potion in "Sin"
- Dars matte white e/s base
- 120 palette matte yellow
- Avon "Lace Electric" quad pearly white 
- Kiko green single e/s (no. 78)
- Butterfly duo neon blue
- Cantare matte black eyeshadow
- Blanchette B no9 duo iridescent yellow
- Elf black liquid liner
- Elf natural eyelashes
- Deborah waterproof mascara
- Bari pink blush
- LA Colors bronzer
- "Glamour Goddess" mini lip palette: red and gold lipsticks.







Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!
In the end, I leave you with my favorite Bollywood song. Maybe you'll enjoy it too :)



Alexandra.

No comments:

Post a Comment