ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Saturday, November 20, 2010

☆ REVIEW: Vera Valenti Seasons Quads ☆


I went shopping for bargain makeup products in the last three weekends and I found many good quality stuff at a very low price. Some that I am very fond of are the Vera Valenti seasonal quads, very nicely packed and with a texture similar to the E.l.f. eyeshadows. Besides, they cost about 2 dollars (5,2 lei) each, so I guess they are worth buying even only for the cute packaging.


The colors are not extremely pigmented and they are mostly matte with just a few shimmers. They have the same texture and pigmentation as the E.l.f. eyeshadows and they are very long lasting on the lid. I wear them with a primer underneath and they don't crease at all, lasting all day long! They do have a slight chalky formula, so you have to tap off the excess from the brush, but besides that, I am very happy with the product.

The PRIMAVERA (spring) quad is the green one and it has a lovely combination of forest green and minty green colors. They are all very slightly shimmery and the most pigmented color is the darkest from down-right. The packaging is made of hard paper or cardboard and it has a landscape image on the front, which I think is really beautiful, each for every season. It closes up with a magnet and it has a double sponge tip applicator, which is not useful, in my opinion.

VERANO (summer) is the pink colors quad, the least pigmented one but very good for creating day-time looks, perfect for summer.

The brown quad is called OTOÑO (autumn), consists of neutrals and browns and is my favorite of the four, as it's the most shimmery one. The colors have a good pigmentation, except for the highlighter one and they last on the eye all day long.

And the last one, INVIERNO (winter) has the blue colors with the snowy, winter landscape. I mostly love the bluish purple from down-right, which is also the most pigmented from this quad.

~ This is how the back side looks like ~

Swatches:

~ With flash ~
~ No flash ~

PROS:
- lovely packaging
- sleek and small, great for traveling
- good color combination
- long lasting formula
- very affordable.

CONS:
- not very pigmented
- slightly chalky
- small product quantity.

All in all, I really like these quads and I think they are nice to have if you're a makeup collector. I know I really love the paper type of packaging, just like the Stila and Urban Decay quads and palettes. As they are made on seasons and are very sleek and light, they are perfect to wear in your purse when you travel, even with all four of them.

How about you, have you ever tried these out? Or maybe other Vera Valenti products? Let me know and share your opinions on the brand!

~ For questions, reviews or any other beauty related matter, please contact me at: alexandrazeres@yahoo.com ~

Have a great day!
XoxO,

No comments:

Post a Comment