ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Glossy Eyelids = Fail?

I've always been curious with the glossy eye makeup seen in beauty and high fashion magazines. The glossy effect is so beautiful. I even remember seeing glossy eye lids for the first time in Natalie Imbruglia's music video "Torn" back in the 90's (that song is SICK!). I had no clue what it was, but I was very much drawn into her shiny/wet look eyes.

What about in real life, can anyone pull off the glossy eye lids? I think it is possible, but I bet it would be annoying. I mean, having a sticky substance on your eyes would be so uncomfortable and it will just sink into the crease of the eyes making it look gross.

 Here are some photos I found on the internet showing what gloss eye makeup looks like.

Source: MakeupTalk.com

I bet they must have done these photo shoots really fast before the eye makeup creased O_o.

photos from google



So I tried it the other day to see how it would look on me. I didn't go anywhere because I'm afraid people would look at me weird lol.

 I primed my eyes with a matte concealer, then I dabbed a clear lip gloss on the lids (NYX round lip gloss in clear or you can use Vaseline too). I curled my lashes, applied a black mascara (Maybelline Volum Express Falsies) and voila! Glossy eye lids!





Sorry for the terrible photos. You can't even see the gloss that much. It was more glossy in person I promise.



Eh...I didn't like it. It looks okay, but it's not for me. I didn't like the uncomfortable sticky feeling that made my eyes blink non stop O_o. I'll just leave the "glossy eye lids" look to high fashion models lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment