ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Friday, July 16, 2010

The Beauty Blender is Amazing!!!

How do you apply your foundation? Usually, I do mine with a foundation brush, stippling brush, sponge or sometimes my fingers, and they all work well. Then I tried the Beauty Blender, and it seriously changed my life lol. I know, I'm exaggerating but OMGosh, where have you been all my life?  This sponge is seriously the best tool I've ever used in applying foundation. I don't think I can ever go back to my old regular sponge or even my foundation brush.


WHAT: Beautyblender’s patent-pending elliptical shape makes application foolproof by allowing you to access hard-to-reach areas with stunning ease. Its suede texture is sensual to the touch and its unique curves fit the contours of your face, leaving your make up dazzling and undetectable.

Beautyblender is:
WHERE: Here's a link to find out where to find it. It varies depends on your location. http://www.beautyblender.net/retailers.
 I was able to purchase mine at Imats, International Makeup Trade Show in Pasadena last month for $20.00

PRICE $19.95 for one and  $25.95 for the duo kit



HOW:  Roughly apply foundation and concealer on the face. Then wet the beauty blender, squeeze as much water it and stipple or bounce it on the face until the foundation get blended all over.

The Beauty Blender fluffs up when wet (on the left)


Here is a video on how I use it.

Pros:
  • Its non-latex which means it won't absorb as much product. A regular sponge will soak up a lot of product and you end up wasting it. 
  • It's very easy to use. Don't get intimidated by the way it looks. Anyone and even kids can use it. It's that easy.
  • The shape makes it easy to get into all the areas of the face.
  • It really blends in the foundation really nicely. Yay for no streaks!
  • It's re-usable. It better be re-usable since I paid a lot lol jk. I wash mine with baby wash and water right after each use and I let it dry on a clean towel. Once its dry, its back into its original shape.
Cons:
  • Maybe the price. 20 bucks sounds a lot to shed on a sponge. But trust me, it will be the best investment you'll ever made, makeup wise.
Overall Thoughts: I'm glad I picked it up at Imats. It's amazing, and I can't think of anything bad about it. I think everyone should have one of these in their makeup kit!!!


Here is Kim K's makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic using the Beauty Blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment