ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

☺ DIY - Makeup Palette! ☺


This is a simple way to create your own personalized makeup palette, that contains all the great colors you love, but that also has a cute packaging!
So I started off mine by choosing two Magic Visage trios (Polish brand) and depotted the colors with a hot straightening iron and a pair of sharp little scissors. I heated off the bottom of the case and took the colors out gently with the point of the scissors. They came out easily, even though some of the shadows did crack a little, but I pressed them gently back together again.

The colors above are my remaining trios, not the depotted ones. I'm just showing them as an example of the "before" trio case.
I bought this cute double-sided mirror from Italy this summer. I loved the sleek packaging and the "Sleeping-beauty" doll it has on the front ^_^. Look at how the doll closes her eyes and mouth when you keep it in a different angle!
I chose to use this as my palette case, because the colors fitted great inside the mirror.
But in order for the colors to fit, I took off the magnifying mirror from the bottom part and left the normal one from the upper part of the case. Then I placed my colors inside by sticking them in with some hot glue.
I also added the small applicator from one of the trios, for a more realistic effect (:
The colors are pretty pigmented, even though they tend to get chalky if you use a brush that's too stiff at the application. I love especially the shimmery iridescent ones from the middle, which are great for highlighting.
All in all, I really like how this DIY ended up and I think I will take this in my future trips I take, as the colors are very fit for summer and the packaging is small, so it can fit in any makeup bag...
Hope you've enjoyed this and remember to leave your feedback! ^_^



XoxO,
Alexandra.




No comments:

Post a Comment