ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Sunday, July 18, 2010

NYX Eye Shadow Base in Skin Tone

You can't just slap on an eye shadow on your eye lids and expect it to stay on all day. You need to put some type of base or primer underneath to make it last longer. You should know this if you're a makeup junkie ^_^ I have tried soooo many eye bases and primers. But in the end, I learned that you have to figure out what works for you!!! I'm gonna tell you guys right now that this NYX eye shadow base in skin tone is not the best that I've tried but I still like it for several reasons. It makes my eye shadows vibrant, I use it to high light my brow bone and I use it to make my eye brows stand out.


WHAT: To get the maximum brilliant color of eye shadow on your eye, an eye primer is a must! Apply eye shadow base to eyelids, then apply NYX's high-pigmented eye shadows and see the colors pop with vibrant and sparkling luster. Eye shadow base grabs and firmly holds finely milled powder so the color in the pot is what ends up on your eye - without a pinch lost. 

WHEREhttp://www.cherryculture.com , http://www.nyxcosmetics.com
 I suggest to google it because a lot of places carries nyx products. You just have to find them.


PRICE: $6.00-$7.00 Price will vary depending on where you get it.
ODOR: It has a nice scent to it. To me, it smells like a bar of soap ^_^
TEXTURE: Creamy ^_^
 WEIGHT: 0.25  oz (7g)
SHADE: Skin tone. But its also available in White and Pearl.
PACKAGING: It's in a Clear Plastic Jar


INGREDIENTS: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil, MicrocrystallineWax,Silica(and)Methicone,BHT, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/HexarosinateRicinusCommunic (Castor) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate,Octyldodecyl Myristate, Polyethylene, Fragrance, Butylparaben, Nylon-66,Ceresin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).




Swatch

You can barely see it swatched on my arm.



Next to Mac's Paintery Paint pot. The paint pot looks bigger but NYX  actually has more product.


HOW: There are many ways I use this product.
  • I dab my fingers directly in the jar and apply a small amount on my eye lids and blend it evenly and thinly.  
  • I sometimes use a brush instead of my fingers
  • I use it to highlight my brow bone 
  • I use it to make my eye brows stand out by applying it right underneath and above my brows with a small angled liner brush. Try it! It works really well.

PROS: 
  • It makes your eye shadows vibrant and saturated.
  • Its very creamy therefore its easy to blend.
  • Evens out the skin tone on the eye lids.
  • It comes in a light plastic jar. 
  • Very affordable.
CONS:
  • It didn't work for me. My eye shadows creased after 3 hours. I tried many ways to make it work like setting it with a translucent powder or applying it on top of Urban Decay Primer Potion but still didn't work.
OVERALL THOUGHTS: I think its a decent eye base. It's not amazing but it's okay. Even though it didn't do what its supposed to do, I still love this product. As stated in HOW, I use this product in many ways. Also, just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean that it won't work for you. I know many makeup blogger friends that swears by this product!

Tips on how to make it work (maybe):
  • Don't apply to much and make sure its evenly and thinly blended.
  • Try applying it on top of Urban Decan Primer Potion or L'oreal Decrease.
  • Try setting it with a translucent powder.
Thanks for stopping by and good luck in finding the eye base that works for you ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment