ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

♦ REVIEW: Qianyu Makeup Palettes ♦


I wanted to do a little review on these palettes, because they are honestly among my favorites from my collection! This is a Chinese brand and they come really cheap here in Romania, 10 RON (that's about 3 $!). They are super pigmented and last all day long if you add a good sticky base underneath.
They come in two different numbers (as far as I know), no.1 and no.2 and they are usually sold individually. The flowers shown are for photography purpose only ^_^!
I bought the first one last winter and I was totally astonished about the pigmentation. The colors are rich, they show up exactly like in the pan and have a long lasting quality. I do think that they are a bargain, but just like all great deals, there are also cons about these palettes, especially the fact that they will get on your cheeks if you don't use a good sticky base (like the NYX Jumbos or the Urban Decay Primer Potion) and they have a slight scent of rust to them.

This above is the first one I bought and as you can see, it has been used quite a bit (: The icy tones predominate this palette, especially the blues and greens, but you can do neutral looks too, of course, with a metallic touch, as the colors are all metallic or very shimmery (except for the fuchsia pink above the red).
The no.2 palette is even lovelier than the first one! With these colors you can create neutral looks, smokey eyes, colorful or shimmery makeup looks and the combination is unlimited!
Above you can see the swatches of the two palettes put together with NO base underneath, so you can see the exact pigmentation! (click on any pic to see full image)

PROS: - colorful and pigmented
- long lasting
- very affordable price
- infinite possibility of makeup creations and looks
- sleek, black, simple packaging.

CONS: - they tend to shed and get on your cheeks
- have a slightly bad scent (but only when you smell it closely)
- hard to find in stores.

Disclaimer: I bought these palettes myself, I am not being paid to do this review, I was NOT asked to do this review. These are my own and honest opinions.


XoxO,
Alexandra.

No comments:

Post a Comment