ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Saturday, May 28, 2011

FOTD: Bright Under Eyes and Doll Pink Lips.

This is the makeup look I wore today. Not so exciting is it? LOL. I mentioned in previous FOTD that I'm currently into simple makeup looks with light eye makeup and bold lips. It's not that I don't want to play with eye shadows anymore, I'm just really liking how my eyes look without too much makeup and I play more on the lips by choosing a bright and bold lipstick or gloss.



For this look, I did a soft contouring on the eyes using MAC blush in Gingerly. This blush is my current favorite. It's light enough to be a blush and dark enough at the same time to be used as a contour shade. I then brightened my under eyes with a light concealer (Physicians Fomula Strength Rx in Soft Yellow). This is a bit tricky to pull off.  You really must blend the concealer very well. I used a damp sponge to pat the concealer down until it blends onto the skin and slightly blend it down the cheekbones. I guess I should do a tutorial next time to show you how I do it. It makes my face look bright and awake. I defined my face by applying a bronzer (Milani Mosaic blush in Afterglow) under my cheekbones and the jaw line. I never skip this step. I like how it pops up my cheek bones and makes my face look slimmer.












Products used:

face:
-Rimmel Fix and Perfect foundation primer
-MAC Studio Fix fluid in NC42
-Physicians Formula Strength Concealer in Soft Yellow
-MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural in Medium Deep (review)

cheeks:
-NARS blush in Orgasm
-Milani Mosaic Blush in Afterglow (review/swatch)

brows:
-BeautiControl Mineral Eye Shadow Trio in Sandstone (review/swatch)

eyes:
-EyesLipsFace Eye Lid Primer
-MAC powder blush in Gingerly (review/swatch)
-Milani Single eye shadow in Illusion
-Maybelline  Falsies Volum' Express mascara (review)
-No name brand brown liquid liner

lips:
-EOS lip balm in Summer Fruit (review).
-Wet n Wild lip liner in Willow
-Wet n Wild Mega Last lipstick 901B Think Pink (review/swatch)
-NYX Round Lipgloss in Doll Pink (review/swatch)


For my lips, I first applied Wet n Wild Mega Last lipstick in 901B Think Pink. It's a soft pale nude pink. I was able to pull off this shade a month ago. I've gotten a bit darker, so now it looks pasty on me. To make it work, I topped it with NYX Round lipgloss in Doll Pink, which is a bright fuchsia with purple undertone. It looks much better.


Wet n Wild Mega Last in Think Pink then topped with...


...NYX Round Lipgloss in Doll Pink








I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment