ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Ultimate Crease Free Eye Shadow Base/Primer

When I was still a noob with makeup, I was obsessed in finding the perfect eye primer. An eye primer is what you put on your eye lids prior to eye shadow application. It supposed to make the eye shadows last longer and keep it from fading and creasing. I have oily lids, and I was desperate to find an eye primer that would work. With the influence of youtube makeup videos, I bought my very first eye primer, the Urban Decay Primer Potion (2 years ago). Many girls claimed it's the best primer ever, so I had to get it. To my disappointment, it didn't work! I used it like other makeup girls did, but creasing still occurred after 2-3 hours ugh! So I tried other eye primers in the market and they all didn't work. What the heck was I doing wrong?

Finally, after almost 2 years, I figured it out. The problem wasn't the products, it's how I used them. It's all about using small amount, blending and layering several products to achieve the ultimate crease free eye shadow base/primer. I'm going to show you how to do it.

Keep in mind that we all have different eye lids. This trick may or may nor work for you. It works amazing on me, so I want to share it with you ^_^.


My Midnight Blue and Gold Makeup look from Holidays 2010. Click HERE to see more photos.


Here are the products I use for my creaseless eye shadow base/primer









1. Apply a matte base. You can use a foundation or concealer with a MATTE finish. This will soak up the oils and will conceal any discoloration on the eye lids. I prefer using NYX Eye Shadow Base or Almay Line Smoothing concealer (I love this stufft!).  Apply a small amount all over the lids up to the brow bone using a finger or a concealer brush. 


2. Set it with a loose powder. This will set the base in place. I prefer using my MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural because it's my current favorite face powder. I use it by itself or to set my makeup.

3. Apply the eye primer. This will make the eye shadow last longer and prevent it from creasing. I prefer using the Urban Decay Primer Potion and apply a small amount on top and blend it with a finger.

And you're done! Your eyes are now ready for a crease free eye shadow application ^_^


I took some photos of my eye makeup to show you how effective it is. I did not use any photoshop or re touched my makeup. The only thing I did was re applied the false lash on my left eye. That's a very poor lash application on my part O_o.



There is no creasing after 8 hours...only a little fading of the eye shadows. But other than that, it looks pretty good right?


Try this trick and let me know if it works for you!



Oh, and here's a makeup video tutorial if you want to learn how to create this makeup.


No comments:

Post a Comment