ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Monday, May 9, 2011

Have you heard of Yardley of London Soap?

Here is the conversation I had with my mom, while I was holding a box full of Yardley of London soap...

Mama: What is that you're holding?
Becky: A bunch of Yardley of London soaps.
Mama: Are you serious?
Becky: Yes! (shows the inside of the box)
Mama: Wow, those are my favorite?
Becky:  Really? Never heard of them.
Mama: What? They've been around longer than you have and I buy them all the time at Walgreens. We actually have some in the bathroom. 
Becky: O_o

Clearly, I never pay attention to anything lol O_o. The brand I claim I never heard of has always been in my own bathroom, and I have seen several times at my local Walgreens at the soap and body wash aisle *shakes head*


But if you're like me and have "never" heard of this brand, then you might want to read it's history. It's really cool. (Taken from Yardley London website)

"When Yardley first started business in the City of London in 1770, lavender was the herb chosen to perfume an exclusive range of luxury soaps. Combined with the finest quality plants and oils, English Lavender has become established as the international signature fragrance of Yardley. Over the centuries, Yardley has been at the leading edge for style and elegance remembered for its association with Twiggy, Jean Shripton and incorporating 
product designs from some of the world’s most renowned designers including Reco Capey."

"Now in the 21st century Yardley continues to lead the way with its authority on lavender and high quality floral bath luxuries. While continuing to develop new fragrances and designs that guarantee to some of the top selling scents in its range, it is also embarks on a new chapter in stylish design that celebrates its heritage within the 21st century setting. Yardley London is part of the Lornameadfamily of products, which includes Finesse, LypSyl, Aquanet, and Natural White."


"Beginning in 1921, Yardley London has been honored with six Royal Warrants. A Royal Warrant is an honor afforded only the finest British companies for service and quality of their products.Of all the scented plants, few can compare with the romance, history, and intoxicating aromas of the Yardley classic scents: English Lavender, Lily of the Valley, and English Rose. Throughout history they have revealed their many uses: scent, healer, soother, and tonic - so it's little wonder that these great classic scents from Yardley London are essential for a beautiful body and a wonderful bath experience. For more than 230 years now, Yardley has been synonymous with elegant and beautiful scents and the finest quality ingredients. Our new products and fragrances are a fresh take on the classic Yardley tradition."


 This company has been around foreeevvver. Crazy. They must be doing something right to be around this long.


So the first soap I tried is Oatmeal and Almonds with Natural Oats, Naturally Moisturizing Bar. To me, it has a soft vanilla almond scent that is quite comforting. There is tiny bits of oats in it that mildly exfoliate the skin. I love anything with oats. It's great for soothing dry and itchy skin.

What I like to do is rub the soap on a wet loofa until it foams up very thick (which doesn't take a long time), then scrub it all over my body. It leaves my skin feeling nice, clean and smooth, but not dry. Other soaps makes my skin dry and itchy, but not this one. Now I know why my mom really likes it^_^.



You should try it out. It's a really great soap. It's also available in other scents like Honeysuckle Citrus, Fresh Aloe with Cucumber Essence, Lemon Verbena with Shea Butter and many more.You could easily find them at your local drugstore and they are very affordable.

I can't wait to try all the other soaps I got and share them with you.


price: $1 to 1.49
availability: drugstores, drugstore.com


Disclosure: A sample of this product was given to Everyday Makeup Blog for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews are honest opinion of its author.





No comments:

Post a Comment