ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Review/Swatch: Wet n Wild Coloricon Eye Shadow in Nutty...LOVE!

I'm sure you all know that I'm a huge fan of Wet n Wild. Ever since they revamped their products and image, I have been loving everything from their line: Mega Last lipcolors, ColorIcon eye shadow palettes , ColorIcon blushers...Everything. The ColorIcon single eye shadows are my current obsession. For $1.99, they are the best drugstore eye shadows you will ever use. I still swear by my favorite Milani eyeshadows, but these are even better. They're velvety, pigmented and applies like a dream. They're definitely a must have in everyone's makeup kit.

 

I currently own 3 ColorIcon single eye shadows in my kit and the first shadow I want to show you is # 252B Nutty. It's a gorgeous champagne taupe with a shimmery, almost metallic finish. It's so pretty and gives the eye lids a gorgeous shimmer.

What I like:
-The pigmentation. It's awesome! You only need a little bit and it shows up really well on whatever kind of base you put it on.
- The texture. It feels smooth and buttery making application so easy. It's also not chalky and powdery and blends very well with other colors. I'm really impressed!
-Staying power. With a good base underneath, this shadow can last all day. 
-Inexpensive. For $1.99 each, you're gonna want to buy everything in the collection. I got mine for only $1 during a 50% off sale at Walgreens a long time ago ^_^. Score!

What I don't like:
-The packaging. The first time I got it, I was having a difficult time trying to open it. Am I the only one who had this problem? But hey, it's no biggie. The product inside is outstanding, so I could live with it ^_^.

















Swatches. Here is what Nutty looks like on top of different bases. You can see the color change depending on what kind of base you use. And even without a base, Nutty still show up really well. Impressive!



Here is what is looks like on my eyes. The shade kind'a looks washed out on my eyes in photos because the shimmers reflect the flash/light from the camera. But I promise it's visible and more shimmery in person.




My "Nutty and Good To Go" makeup look. Click here to see more photos.




 I highly recommend this eye shadow, and like what I said, everyone should have it in their makeup kit! I will do more reviews and swatches of the other ColorIcon single eye shadows that I own, so watch out for it.

price: $1.99
availability: drugstores


Do you own this shade? Do you love it as much as I do?


No comments:

Post a Comment