ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Thursday, September 23, 2010

BH cosmetics 88 Matte palette + swatches+ EOTN

Every since I started loving makeup, I've been a sucker for makeup palettes from eye shadow to facemakep palettes . I have so many and I still get excited whenever I see one ^_^. I love how they are travel and makeup storage friendly because they fit anywhere and it really gets me when they have the cutest packaging. *sighs...* I guess you can never have too many palettes right? Anyway, I just want to share my new 88 Matte eyeshadow palette by BHcosmetics  from Valeree of MakeUpVideosAndMore. I won her little CONTEST a few weeks ago and it was one of my prizes whoo hoo!!

If you are an active makeup/beauty blogger or youtuber then you should be familiar with this palette. There are so many different kinds available in the internet. Several makeup companies carries them and you can get them on ebay as well. But this one if from BH cosmetics and I love it!


WHAT: This 88 piece matte eye shadow palette has all the brilliant colors you will need to bring out your beauty within! Long Lasting! Made with pure Mica pigments. This palette contains majority frosted textures and includes deep vibrant turquoises, plums, bronzes, and golds, matte eyebrow colours, liners, and shimmer highlighters.Bright, vibrant colors with rich pigmentation.Perfect for Makeup Artists and Photographers, TV/Film, or those who want to diversify their makeup collection. (source: bhcosmetics.com


PRICE: $19.95

INGREDIENTS: 
   Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.
PACKAGING: A black rectangle palette with a glossy finish. It has a good mirror inside with 2 double sided sponge tip applicators inside. It is very light weight.
SIZE: Case size is 9" x 6.5" and the eye shadows are about a size of a dime.
TEXTURE: Even though it's called the "Matte Palette" is still has some eye shadows with shimmers in it. The texture varies and depends on the color but I can say that most of them are soft with good color payoff , easy to blend but a little powdery. There were only a few that were chalky and difficult to swatch.






This one doesn't have any BH cosmetics logo. It only has a sticker of how many eye shadows are in the palette which are 88.



I did some swatches with my fingers. The color payoff is pretty good with one swipe.




Swatches are on a white paper with no primer.



EOTN (eye-of-the-night) using the 88 Matte palette
After I did this Silver and Purple eye, I realized that I already did a similar LOOK a long time ago *shakes head * . But I still like it though and its a beautiful smokey eye for night time look. I used 2 shades of silver on the lids and 4 shades of purples on the outer corner, crease and above the crease.





PROS: 
  • Very affordable even though I didn't buy it ^_^. For 20 bucks, you get 88 colors to play with.
  • A great eye shadow palette to have if you are on a budget. 
  • It has a really good matte black eye shadow. It's really black, matte and a really good color to do smokey eyes.
  • Travel and makeup storage friendly because it's slim and light weight.
  • Most of the shadows were easy to blend, soft and has good color pay off.
CONS:
  • Some eye shadows were difficult to blend and were chalky.
  • The texture is powdery so I suggest to pat on the color instead of brushing it. You get less fall out and you get better color pay off.
  • The colors can be a little overwhelming if you are a beginner in makeup.

FINAL THOUGHT: 
Overall, this palette is a must have in your makeup collection in my opinion. It has all the colors you need to create endless makeup looks from neautrals, colorful to bold and dramatic. It has a mixture of matte and shimmers...well it has more matte than shimmers which makes it even better. Matte colors shows up really well in photographs while shimmers can wash it out. A good balance of matte and shimmers in an eye makeup is beautiful and this palette will help you to achieve it. Also, for less than 20 bucks, it's a steal! 
 
Thank you so much for stopping by and please drop a comment if you have any questions or concerns.



"We know grooming is important for people. To get their hair done, to get makeup and things like that - that makes a person feel better". -Kenneth Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment