ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Thursday, September 9, 2010

< J. Lo Inspired Brown Smokey Eyes >

 I found this pic of Jennifer Lopez one day, while I was searching for some inspiring celebrity looks, and I thought it was a good idea for a new makeup. Here is her look, a very sexy smokey brown eye:
I like the way her makeup goes with the green contacts she wears, but since I don't own any (I want to purchase some for a few looks), this is how it shows on my black eyes:

(Sorry, I usually do makeup on only one eye lately, as the other one has been a tad sensitive lately...)
So the look is actually really simple, as how I've seen it on J. Lo, but it has many different shades of brown, thing that I really love. You can use only a couple of dark brown shades, but I love to play with colors, so I chose more. So first off I applied a creamy dark brown base (Nyx Jumbo pencil) and as the first color, on the half of my lid, I chose a shimmery dark brown eyeshadow (I look VERY pale, I know, but usually it's because of my spf foundation. My skin is actually olive-tan...).

As for the second half of my upper lid, I used a matte rich brown color, with golden glitters (Urban Decay's Twice Baked or Mad Hatter). On my crease I applied another glittery eyeshadow, this time a much lighter version, and blended it well with the rest of the colors. To darken up the crease and the outer corner, I selected a matte black eyeshadow, and placed it under the last color used.

The lower lid was defined by the lighter shimmery brown eyeshadow used on the crease, smoked out on the outer half with the black eyeshadow. I then selected a shimmery taupe color an applied it on my inner corner. The browbone was highlighted with a white e/s with glitters. 

The black kajal was added on the upper and lower lashline, plus the same brown jumbo pencil on the waterline and mascara. The cheeks were contoured with a brownish nude blush and some golden highlighter (that my camera did not pick up). I added a shimmery nude lipstick and pink gloss to complete the look.

(Up here you can see the two versions of this look, one with flash, and one with... less flash  :>)
And as a blog premiere, after naming all the products used, I will also show you the eyeshadows and their place on my lid, with numbers!

PRODUCTS USED:

- NYX Jumbo Pencil in "Dark Brown"
- Okalan dark brown eyeshadow
- Urban Decay "Mad Hatter" (or "Twice Baked")
- Essence shimmery brown single eyeshadow (Sparkling Effects "Metropolitan")
- Cantare (Editt Cosmetics) matte black eyeshadow
- Qianyu metallic taupe e/s (palette no.2)
- Kiko black kajal eyeliner
- Avon Color Trend lengthening mascara
- Beauty She brownish pink blush
- L'Oreal Cream Shine lipstick in "Cream Beige"
- Deborah lipgloss in "Pink Chic".


Hope you've enjoyed my look. Please leave your feedback on this new setup, if I should keep it or not, ok?
XoxO,

No comments:

Post a Comment