ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

*۩* LOTN ~ Purple Fairy Tale *۩*

 A few days ago I received a [rude] anonymous comment saying that I photoshop my pictures too much. One, I don't even have photoshop (I have Photoscape and the regular windows picture manager). Two, as most of you who follow me know, my skin is not 100% clear. I do get breakouts. So it's only normal that I try to cover them up, as you are here to see my makeup skills, not my imperfect face, right? :) It's true that I wanted to reach that magazine perfection in my pics, as they look very flawless like that. Everyone knows magazine pics are HIGHLY photoshopped, yet no one complains and keeps buying them again, true? And trust me, every blogger modifies their pics, just that some have better software than mine :P. But anyways, to show that person that I don't have much to hide, from now on I'm presenting a more natural me :). And guys, trust me, my camera is super good! The lighting and quality makes my face look good, not the modifying itself (or the face itself :P)...

BUT... Let's get on with tonight's look: A magic, fairy tale purple, the kind I really, really am obsessed with! You guys know how much I love purple, right? :) So here it is:
For this look I used many purples and purple toned eyeshadows. I started off by priming my eyes, then applying a purple cream base, with blue undertones (Kiko). Then I applied the first color, on the inner third of my lid, a Magic Visage matte dark lilac color.

On the next third of my eyelid I placed a shimmery purple, a more pink toned one than the first color. Then I took a darker version of the latter and put it on the last third of my upper lid, blending the colors together to soften the harsh ends. On my crease and outer corner, I applied a blue toned purple eyeshadow and blended it well with the other colors on the lid.

To darken the crease a bit more, I added just a little bit of black shimmery eyeshadow, a bit on the outer corner too. I then blended out the purple-blue color using a baked purple eyeshadow (Kiko). My browbone was highlighted with a shimmery light pink color.

On the lower lashline I applied another purple, this time the "Underland" from Urban Decay, plus another baked eyeshadow (Pupa), an iridescent blue e/s, for more glow. I added a shimmery pink eyeshadow in my inner corner, to give it a little more glow ("Curiouser"). Then I lined my upper lashline with liquid liner, lower lid and waterline with a kajal pencil and added mascara, plus a pair of demi falsies.

For the cheeks I used a pink-lilac blush and as for the lips, a coral-nude lipliner (Maybelline) and a glittery nude-pink lipgloss. And voila! The oh-so-very purple look is complete! :)

(Yes, I know, many pics. But I just love this look :>)

PRODUCTS USED:

- Urban Decay Primer Potion (regular)
- Kiko purple eyeshadow base (no.20)
- Magic Visage light lilac-purple color (trio no.3)
- Qianyu purple eyeshadow (palette no.2)
- Kiko baked eyeshadow duo, Color Sphere (no. 107)
- Role Rose blue-purple eyeshadow (12 color palette)
- Urban Decay "Underland" e/s
- Urban Decay "Curiouser" e/s
- Pupa "Waterpearl" baked e/s (no.1)
- Max Factor lilac single e/s
- Vera Valenti shimmery light pink color from pink palette
- Editt Cosmetics liquid liner
- Kiko kajal liner pencil
- Ruby Rose pink-coral blush
- Maybelline nude-pink lip liner
- Hello Kitty glittery nude pink lipgloss.

Hope you liked this look!
And remember, BEAUTY SHINES FROM WITHIN!

XoxO,

No comments:

Post a Comment