ONLINE COSMETICS 2012
MORE INFO ABOUT COSMETICS

Monday, August 2, 2010

Getting Health, Update...

I mentioned last month that I'm on something of a health kick lately.  I don't really like to talk about personal stuff like this online, but lately, my new healthier habits are in the forefront of almost every aspect of my life.  Since good health is the biggest building block for looking good--and since, as I said, my new habits are a major event in my life at the moment--I thought I'd do a once-a-month health kick update.  This will help keep me honest, and if you're going through any of the same things I am, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

So..getting healthy for me means losing weight, eating better, and exercising more.  I officially started this journey back in May, and so far I have committed to:
  • Joining Weight Watchers and following their plan faithfully
  • Exercising 5+ times a week 
  • Making weekly goals for myself
  • Logging all my food and exercise and journaling any significant thoughts along the way
Since May, I have:
  • Lost over 20 pounds (!)
  • Discovered that I actually LIKE exercise
I haven't yet joined a gym (and I am trying to avoid doing so!)--instead I've been using exercise DVDs to get my fitness in.  I've tried a ton of different videos (thanks to Comcast's In Demand Exercise TV), and so far my favorites are:
Jillian's scary, tough, and slightly insane...but I love her workouts!



  • No More Trouble Zones--Jillian Michaels (55 minutes of circuit training with hand weights)



  • Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism--Jillian Michaels (55 killer minutes of circuit training with nothing but cardio--so bad, but so good)



  • A variety of walk at home (power walk) DVDs from Leslie Sansone (she's totally annoying, but you get a good sweat.  My favorite is a 5 mile walk using power bands)



  • Beginner Yoga--Yoga Works (good explanations; relaxing but good)



  • I also made a big financial investment over the weekend and bought myself an awesome and cute bike.  It's called a Townie 21d from Electra Bikes.  It's such a fun bike to ride.  I've tentatively named my bike Trixie, because all good sidekicks need a name.
     I've had fun moving my body and, even though it can be hard at times, making the commitment to lose weight has sooooooo many rewards.  I'll probably do another update in early Sept.   In the meantime, if you're trying to lose weight/get more active, let me know what's working for you!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment